PDA

View Full Version : Too Much to cope

Pancho Villa
31-12-10, 08:11
Dear friends, I have been suffering from severe anxiety and panic for just over a year, at first I wanted to do it on my own, using relaxation and some herbs like Valerian and also doing Yoga and breathing exercises. I have stopped coffee and tea for several months now.
My Dr. suggested SSRI's, but I DIDN'T want to touch them. Until recently things got much worse, no energy for the exercises and I decided to try
AntiDep. in here it's called Lexapro it's a SSRI the same as Citalopram.

I have been on 10 mg. daily for just over 2 weeks and the side effects are terrible they keep me on edge all day long with anxiety and depression. My Dr. told me that they will start working in 4 weeks, unfortunately I have been unable to make an appointment to see him to let him know how bad I feel because of the holiday break. Sometimes I feel that I'm going crazy and unable to go on like this. I spend most of the time in bed, but I have started to go for a walk at night, its the only thing I can do.

I'm tempted to discontinue the A.D. but I still have two weeks to go to find out Dr's prediction that they will start working after 4 weeks.
Anyone experienced in this matters have some suggestions?, I really need some help.

paula lynne
31-12-10, 14:24
Hi Pancho, keep up the walking firstly. I know you dont feel like it, but get up out of that bed, and try to do a little bit during the day. I would stick with them for another 2 weeks, as your doctor said. Give them a chance to work. When you return to see your gp, you may need to have the dose/tablets adjusted. Its great you are doing yoga and breathing exercises, well done. Keep it up. Hope you feel better soon x