PDA

View Full Version : Hallo and help

raven61
31-12-10, 09:00
hallo, i've just joined and am suffering from GAD (I think). I've always been an anxious person but just recently it has got out of control.

I used cannabis as a sleep aid for a long time, successfully, but suddenly in the autumn it stopped helping me and I developed insomnia which in turn started an episode of panic.

My doctor has been very understanding and after trying a couple of antidepressants put me on mirtazpine with zopiclone to use at night if absolutely necessary. For the first few weeks things seemed to go well but suddenly the panic started up again. Christmas has been a disaster for me (although I tried very hard not to spoil it for my husband and kids). Last night I was so wound up at bedtime I ended up taking the sleeping pill, which I now feel very bad for doing.

I have had a course of CBT which didn't really seem to help.

I'm hoping this forum will put me in touch with others like me who are now doubting they will ever lead a normal life again and maybe we can find some solutions together. I try not to give up hope but it wears me down.

Looking forward to meeting some of you.

nomorepanic
31-12-10, 09:01
Hi raven61

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
31-12-10, 11:19
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
31-12-10, 11:36
Hi Raven, welcome to the forum, youll find lots of help and support here x:welcome:

paulst
31-12-10, 12:46
Hi Raven and welcome to the forum.:)