PDA

View Full Version : stressing out about lumps - please help!

mum-of-4
31-12-10, 10:11
Hi everyone

I wonder if anyone can help me? I am obsessed with lymph nodes at the moment as I have a slightly enlarged one under my right armpit to which my doc says there is nothing to worry about and is most likely because of recent chest/throat/ear infection. She says there is a difference between a 'nasty' lump and a harmless one. Is that true?

Anyway at the moment I am constantly poking a proding my armpits/breasts/chest to 'check' if there is anything there :blush:
My upper chest above my breasts and leading up to my armpits feel lumpy. Both sides feel lumpy in the fattty tissue but I'm sure i can feel a slightly bigger lump on the left side and it's tender there (but that could be from the poking)!

I am in the middle of my cycle and am ovulating at the moment so don't know if that has anything to do with the tenderness.

I just wondered if anyone else (mainly women) feel slightly lumpy in this area?

I am really stressing myself out today and am really anoyed with myself as I have been so level headed lately and today I am slipping back to the old fear :weep:

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! xxx

baileys
31-12-10, 10:34
It is probably to do with the fact that you are ovulating.
For about 10 years now i have this lump come up in my armpit at some point during my cycle, not every month but most. There is a lot of tenderness too and shooting pains around that area.
It can last upto and beyond my period sometimes.
It goes away compleatly before returning again so i dont worry about it.

mary3
31-12-10, 10:53
my breasts are very lumpy, worse since i have had my children. In fact i can feel lumpy fat all over my body and im only about a stone over weight, my incentive to diet! It is so easy to become preoccupied by lumps and bumps and then you forget how big/little they were in the first place. I have got a strange lump on my leg hat worrys me on and off, the Dr told me it was a nobbly bit of varicose vein, some days i believe her others days i dont! But thats the nature of horrible anxiety, i suppose ive just got accept it and move on xx

Aussie11
31-12-10, 11:03
I also have lumps in this area and have had a lot of paranoia about lymph nodes all over my body over the past few months. Several doctors had told me there was nothing to worry about but I pushed for an ultrasound. Had the ultrasound a few weeks back and they scanned over the lumps in my groin, behind my knees, my neck/clavicle area and also under my arms. The outcome was they were all absolutely fine, and none were bigger than 0.6cm. I have finally accepted that they must be ok and it's a big weight off my mind. Doctors do seem to be able to tell whether they are sinister or not, so if they have said they're ok I'm sure you are fine. I thought my lumps were about an inch in size and were sure they were hard, non mobile etc - must have been health anxiety blowing it out of proporption!

crazyhayz
31-12-10, 14:10
every time im on my period or due my period i get huge lumpiness above my left breast, not my right tho, very weird lol. i used to worry but then realised it wouldnt just come and go lol. and doctor assured me its just the hormones from where im on period. so dont worry, u are fine. xx regarding the nodes, ive got rock hard big nodes (about 4) in my groin, and 3 in my neck, i was worried sick about cancer, theyve been there for almost 4 months!!! and they DONT move and ARENT painful. So u can imagine how worried i was! I had an ultrasound and they r all just Reactive Nodes :) the relief!! basically they are all from previous infections! i didnt even notice i had had any infectionsd, but doctors assured me that they r most likely viral so i wouldnt even notice as we all get viral infectionsd inside our bodies all the time.

give it another month, and if its still there,u could ask for an ultrasound? just to put ur mind at rest.

good luck x

midgey
31-12-10, 14:23
Hi, I have lumpy breasts which are worse when ovulating and can be really tender. I went to my GP and on 2 occasions heve been referred to the rapid breast clinic where i was seen within 2 weeks and had an examination, ultrasound and mammogram. Thank God mine were ok......I have fibrous tissue, but I would say NEVER ignore lumps and go and see your GP. Good Luck x