PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins

Brownie
12-03-04, 13:46
Hi all,
I know a lot of you guys take vitamins, Which I know I should too. Do you have any recomendations? There arent any vitamins that can be bad to take with meds are there?
-Christie[:I]

nomorepanic
12-03-04, 17:46
Christie

Take a look at www.nomorepanic.co.uk/remedies.htm and the bit on vitamin B

Nicola

Laurie28
15-03-04, 12:09
I borrowed agreat book from a friend the other day called 'The Optimum Nutrition Bible'

It tells you what vitamins minerals ect you need for specific things and has a questionnaie to see what vits you need extra of. Worth a Look I think!!1

Lucky

diana
15-03-04, 13:31
Lucky,

Sounds like a great book.

Let us know how it goes for ya.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Laurie28
15-03-04, 15:07
it is really interesting Diana, but like a big bible!!!!

Covers stress and weaning and vits you should take for any medical ailment. Foods to avoid foods to embrace (alot of common sense stuff but erally good!

I'll let u know how I get on

lucky

lilac kitten
15-03-04, 15:36
I take Magnesium OK, which regulates the hormonal balance, and my doctor says they do not interfere with anything. I find they really help. But then this is probably the area I need to tackle.

It depends what you feel you need the vitamins for and what you're lacking. The Magnesium OK (by Wassen) contain B6 amongst other vitamins and minerals.

Hope that helps,
Ruth
x

diana
16-03-04, 20:35
Hey!!!!!

I was wondering if there is something "natural" that can be taken for "IRRITABILITY"? I get so irritable at times, I can`t even stand myself LOL.................... :-D.

Does anyone else experience this?

Take care,

Diana xxxx

nomorepanic
16-03-04, 20:42
Diana

Have you got something called Kalms over there?

Nicola

sarah
16-03-04, 20:48
Hiya Diana

Ive taken the liberty of looking into the bach essences for one to relieve irritability and they reccomend 'impatiens'.

If you go to the website www.bachessences.com
you can 'build your own remedy' which entails ticking boxes as to how you feel and it will tell you the remedy or ingredients which will suit.

hope this helps :)

love Sarah
xx

diana
17-03-04, 15:19
Hiya Nic and Sarah,

Thanks for the posts.

Nic I`ve never noticed anything called Kalms here, but then again I`ve never been searching for it :). I will check in my local Vitamin Shoppe today and let ya know though. Is it supposed to work for irritability?

Sarah thanks for taking the liberty of seraching on this for me :). I will definitely go to the website and see what I can get my hands on :-D.

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions. I will let you know what I find.

Take care,

Love Diana xoxoxo :)

Hope you all are having an anxiety/panic free day!!!!!!!!!!!

nomorepanic
17-03-04, 20:07
Diana

Kalms are more for stress but that may be causing the irritability. They are completely natural too - take a look at http://www.kalmsstress.com/

Oh look at this page - http://www.kalmsstress.com/kalms.htm

It mentions irritability.

I am not sure you can get it over there but if you fancy trying it then I am more than happy to get you some and post it to you.

Nicola

stimpy
18-03-04, 09:20
I've got stressless, they are more or less the same thing.
Each tablet contains hops, scullcap, dry extract of valerian and vervain.

Great for helping you give up smoking apparently, as it help with the irritability.

I take multi-bionta (or something like that) It's 100 % of everything with good bacteria added.
They've done wonders for my nails! For the first time in years I actually have nails, that are pretty and painted.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

diana
18-03-04, 14:12
Hiya Nic and Liz,

Thanks for the information.

Nic.....I actually checked online and called my local Vitamin/Health Food Shoppe about the "Kalms" and they were unaware of anything available with that name.

Nic I would really like to try the Kalms, if you would`nt mind posting some to me I would be greatly appreciative. Let me know how to get my info. to ya. I can post the cost of them to you so as to not put you out too much.

Liz do you take the Bionta and Stressless together?

Good for you Liz :), having pretty, painted nails after years of not having them. Makes a lady feel a little better about herself does`nt it :)?

Hope you all are having an anxiety/panic free day.

Take care,

Diana xxxxx [^]

april tones
18-03-04, 20:46
hi all, i am new to this. does any one know if you can take vit b (all) and evening primrose, cod liver oil with kalms?? also, how long does it take to notice effect? thanks

apriltones

stimpy
19-03-04, 10:41
I try never to take 2 different meds at the same time. Unless a doctor or chemist tells me other wise. I will always try and leave up to 2 hours between meds. Just to be on the safe side.

So I will have sertraline in the morning as soon as I get up, In the late morning early noon, Stressless (1 if I'm okay 3 if I'm rough), then the vitamin,by then it is almost tea time, then stressless, then stressless again, late evening and as I have a cold I take the sudafed. Just before I go to bed. I always try not to take decongestants and things during the day, so I get the full benefit of a good nights sleep.

What does Kalms do ?
Kalms says ;To relieve periods of worry, irritability, and exogenous stresses and strains (- sounds good to me!)

What are they?
Sugar coated tablet containing:
Humulus lupulus Powder (ground hops)45 mg
Gentiana lutea powdered extract from 90 mg
Valeriana officinalis powdered extract from 135 mg

How do I use them?
2 tablets three times a day with water after meals. Not to be given to children.

KALMS or any natural remedy could be used to help with your programme of medication, not substituted for it.

Will they react with other medications or conditions?
Gentian should used with extreme caution if you suffer with excessive stomach acid, heartburn, peptic ulcer disease, or gastritis.
Valerian may interact with alcohol, some antihistamines, muscle relaxants and narcotics. When taking any of these drugs, you should use valerian only under the supervision of your doctor.

Vit B, evening primrose and cod liver should be fine with kalms.
If taken often you should see an improvement in about 2 weeks or so.

If you are taking any other medication (anti-depressants for example) always ask your doctor or chemist before taking any other medication, just incase it may react with it.

Good luck I hope it works for you !

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

diana
20-03-04, 20:49
Good post Liz, Lot`s of information.......

Thanks

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

nomorepanic
20-03-04, 21:07
Diana

I will email you about this ok?

Nicola

diana
20-03-04, 23:35
Okay Nic,

I look forward to hearing from you.