PDA

View Full Version : I feel numb!

victor1983
31-12-10, 16:24
Hi all,

Just wanted to throw this out to people, since I don't know if anyone has felt like this.

Basically it's new year's eve, and I feel emotionally numb. In fact, I have felt numb for quite some time. I can't figure out why. I do have panic attacks regarding certain perceived imaginary diseases, but I can't remember ever having felt numb like this. It's not that I feel tired, like I want to sleep all day, because I don't.
I wake up at 8 am and go to bed at 10 pm. And I don't sleep at any other times in between, except for maybe a short afternoon nap.
But it's just that I feel emotionally numb, nothing gives me joy anymore, I don't look forward to doing anything anymore, don't have any drive to do much. Anybody has ever felt like this?

I have currently just started 20 mg of fluoxetine (prozac) per day, and am on day 3, but I hate this feeling of numbness. I have been feeling like this for the last 3 months, and I am so sick of it. Does it ever go away? I want to feel something again, I feel like I am emotionally dead.

JGJ
01-01-11, 13:04
Hello my name is justine ive been taking sertraline for just over 4 weeks and i feel this way also i did ask about this also and was told this was something that happens when taking meds but should pass once we start to feel better hope this helps a little take care