PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else Cardiophobic?

JessG
31-12-10, 17:43
I could really use a kindred spirit to talk to :weep:

My heart thuds and races, my face turns red and hot sometimes. And everytime it happens i am convinced my heart is giving out.

I am scared to the point of avoiding the very best thing i would do for my heart, exercise.

PokerFace
31-12-10, 17:49
I am! And I know atleast one other girl on here that is too, there seems to be more on here than just the three of us though. :)

Heart thuds, racing, hot flushes are all part of anxiety panic though! Have you had an ECG or anything? x

sammi
31-12-10, 18:30
Hello JessG hello pokerface! I am too. But don't get me started on the heart problems I think I have and my cardiologist says I haven't got lol. Xx

Em.ma
31-12-10, 19:13
I was fixated on my heart for about 2 months lol. My heart rate was 124bpm yesterday and i know its still fast now haha x

AlexandriaUK
06-01-11, 12:55
Hi all I think you need to get in the queue for this one, I think it is the commonest phobia amongst us antsy people and I am not sure we are ever cured only have remmisions, we are called cardio neurotics which at least give us a name.
Just wish giving it a name would make it possible to live our live without the constant fear and panic that seems to be our focus.
My blood pressure is also increased to 155/74 when I am in a state of anxiety which is due I am told to the increased heart rate and which doc wants to medicate, chicken and egg, any one else get this.