PDA

View Full Version : painful back spasms

Em.ma
31-12-10, 18:06
Hi, for about 7 months i have painful spamsms in my back which last about 20 seconds then pass. I get one about every 2/2.5 weeks. This cant be anxiety cause i used to get them before i was anxious. The last one i had was about 2 minutes ago :S.

gaaron
31-12-10, 18:14
Hi Em.ma, Gee I've had probs with my back for over 25Yrs, so know a bit about the different pains etc (well for my back :)).
There are a number of things that could spark the spasms off - none serious.
Tense muscles
Trapped nerve
Do you get any other symptoms with your back? I'm not trying to diagnose, just assure. x

paula lynne
31-12-10, 18:15
Hiya, try a hot water bottle or use some deep heat rub. If its in the same place and happens frequently, you may have a trapped nerve which is causing muscular spasm. Maybe see your gp in the new year to get some professional advice. x

Em.ma
31-12-10, 18:15
also still cant get rid of this terrible headache.

Em.ma
31-12-10, 18:17
thanks for the advice, is a trapped nerve dangerous?

paula lynne
31-12-10, 18:19
Ive had migraines for 4 days now, so can sympathise with you Emma. Take some time out for yourself, have a relaxing bath. Gently rubbing your temples and under your eyes can release any sinus tension too. x

paula lynne
31-12-10, 18:22
Its not dangerous Emma, but may get worse if its not treated, as we tend to tense up even more. If you have a partner, you can ask them to massage gently AROUND the nerve, (NOT on it), this can help release surrounding nerves and increase better blood flow to the area. It wont harm you even though its painful. Id have a chat with your gp in the new year. Try not to worry now ok. x

Em.ma
31-12-10, 18:29
thanks x
one more thing earlier on i felt a burning sensation above my right eyebrow which lasteed for about 15 mins which scared me.
and can sinus issues make you feel so faint? i know i should beleive what my gp told me but i still cant help but question what im feeling.
Also at the back of my head i feel weird sensations still which scare me lol.

gaaron
31-12-10, 18:34
Hi, same as Paulas answer it isn't dangerous. What I found is that I couldn't bare for anyone to touch anywhere on my back - but that's me. I'd go to the doc and explain so he can advice. Simple pilates helps relieve the tension in the muscles. x

gaaron
31-12-10, 18:36
Em.ma you're headache sounds like it has come because of tension. I know those types of headache are very painful x

Em.ma
31-12-10, 19:05
Thanks for the advice. Feel so ill today and really nauseos. I just need the headache to go now :( Its still head to beleive its sinus issues because i dont have runny/blocked nose but did have a cold all week :( it hurts in my nose sometimes though.

Em.ma
31-12-10, 19:22
left hand feels all numb aswell :(

Em.ma
31-12-10, 19:29
also when i went to lay down in bed last night i heard like loads of cracking noises in my head.

Em.ma
31-12-10, 19:36
i hate this lol, now my inside my mouth and under my tounge hurt again

paula lynne
31-12-10, 21:40
Emma read the column on the left about anxiety and panic, this will explain most of what you feel and how its effecting your body. Do you have anyone with you?

sarah jayne
31-12-10, 22:24
i had a headache for over 6 months last year and was constantly worried about it i also suffer from painful back spasm's but mine last for days at a time, ive had one since yesterday and the pains going right down my leg. I suffer from fibromyalgia so should be used 2 pain but its horrid. Have u tried tiger balm for ur headache ? x

Em.ma
31-12-10, 22:56
thanks for the advice. had a bath but whilst rinsing my hair got severe pins and needeles in my right foot and had to get out lol. They were really bad, a lot worse then normal "anxiety" tingles. I felt them in both feet when i got out and had to walk arounf for ages and even whilst blow drying my hair they were still terrible.
Headache has easen a bit though which is good x hopefully a good nights sleep will do the trick.

Em.ma
31-12-10, 22:59
also got crampy, numb and tingly right hand at moment.

Em.ma
31-12-10, 23:09
I have my mum with me at the moment Paula