PDA

View Full Version : Back on the cit!

Budgie
31-12-10, 19:18
Hello everyone!

I haven't visited the forum for a while, and I hope everyone is having an ok day :) I used to visit this forum often during 2009, when I started taking Citalopram for the first time.

It took me some time, and a lot of persevering, but I had a lot of success with Citalopram :shades: My life totally turned around! I went from being suicidal, anxious, constantly on 'the edge' and suffering from severe ibs/lack of sleep etc, to actually feeling human again :yesyes:

I finally had CBT this year, and that just helped me even more. I now have my own flat, car, and relationship, and I am managing!

Although, when I moved in the summer, I got completely out of my citalopram routine, and I stopped taking them :blush: I went from 40mg a day to nothing :wacko: At first I didn't notice, but about a month afterwards I felt like I had slammed into a brick wall. 2 months or so on, I have been back to my gp and explained all. That was yesterday - and I am now back on citalopram. I'm starting afresh, this week I am taking 10mg, then upping to 20mg for the next 3 weeks and will go back and see my gp in a month.

I remember the side effects I had the first time around, and after I took my first tablet last night, i got the hot sweats and 'weird' feelings. I'm quite spacey today, and feel like there are clouds in my brain...

BUT... I know that its going to be worth this groggy phase...:)

ash1807
31-12-10, 19:23
Hi Budgie,
The joys of Anti-depressants eh?
I am in the very early stages of a new med, same issues, but know that it will all come good after a few weeks.

Lets both hope that the side effects subside quickly enough to get back on the road called 'life'

Happy new year to you

ash

heavenly
01-01-11, 07:53
Hi there, I am a couple of months in with Citalopram, the first 2 weeks were tough but the anxiety has subsided. Still getting low moods first thing so may have to up from 20mg to 30mg but overall they are helping, good luck with your journey!