PDA

View Full Version : hi i'm jouxson

jouxson
31-12-10, 19:46
Hi to everyone, i'm a 37 female whos had anxiety problems since being bullied plus i have a personality that tends to worry over everything. over the years i have been able to control anxities until i had a mis- diagnosis of ms 11 years ok. Even when i was told i did not have ms the seed had already been planted and i just had no faith in doctors, i develpoed chronic anxiety and depression along with ocd which was helped greatly by sertraline a ssri, i still had a few difficult patches but always pulled through sertraline was extremley useful. I had a very few side effects and was on it for 8 years. I have three beautiful children, when i became pregnant with my third baby i had to come off the sretraline which i did over a couple of weeks was not nice but i did it. Four months after having my third child i needed to go back on sertraline i never like going back on them as i feel quite unwell but i did it, again it helped with the depression but i only stopped at 50mg when before i was on 125mg, i wanted to try to stop on a lower dose. i was doing ok health anxiety was not really under control but i was waiting for cbt for that. after being back on the sertraline for a year i had a health scare and need to come of sertraline to rule out the cause. i was so up set as some of you know its not easy coming on and of ssri but it had to be done. Only this time3 days after withdrawel i was tingling and prickling from head to toe, my doc said it was withdrawel from meds even though this never happened before, it waxed and wained for months, my doc decieded i should see a neurologist to rule out any other reason, all tests came out ok, diagnosis anxiety. I found the diagnosis very hard to swollow as the symptoms were extreme and i had lots of other symptoms but still my doc said it was anxiety, gradually the tingling, prickling all over waxed and wained and went for wekks but always came back. Also when i tried to go back on the sertraline the tingling becomes chronic so i stop it, as it all started three days after stopping the sertraline i feel that the ssri damaged my nerves in some way docs are addiment not. Because of the health anxiety becoming so chronic (3 long years) and the ocd just send me into a very deep depression, i'm so desparate for help i'm having cbt that is not helping, ssris seem to may me have chronic tingling and prickiling or maybe its in my mind. i have a wonderful husband, children, annd an amazing family. im so so lucky but at time i'm so so depressed. i hope some of you could give an oppion on the ssris, doc says when anxiety goes so will the tingling. so sorry for long post.

nomorepanic
31-12-10, 19:47
Hi jouxson

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

jouxson
31-12-10, 19:50
Thankyou Nicola x

paula lynne
31-12-10, 21:36
Welcome to the forum, youll get lots of support and advice here, and make some good friends along the way as you get used to the forum. Nice to know you x:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
31-12-10, 21:45
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x