PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty swallowing with back pain PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY REASSURE ME?

PIGGY59
31-12-10, 20:15
Hiya all!
Could anybody please give me some reassurance please?

I've got back pain between my shoulder blades near my spine that is worrying enough - doc said it is just muscular but still worried.

what is worse is that i am worrying about swallowing food. it hurts when i swallow food (not drink) but not sure if i am making this up in my head. i know it hurts but is it because i am aware of the fact that i am about to swallow food, worry whether it will hurt and therefore it does??

i've googled it and of course cancer comes up and i'm sick of crying all the time worrying and even my family are getting sick of me. i'm never without something to worry about.

sometimes it doesn't hurt when i eat and sometimes it does !

please please help me!

thanks xxxx

baileys
31-12-10, 20:26
If you really need to google then why dont you look at the more obvious
causes of your problem, muscular like your doc says or acid reflux.
I suffer from gerd and often get pain when eating and drinking, and back pain.
Listen to your doc and dont worry.

PIGGY59
31-12-10, 20:36
hiya !

thanks so much for your reply! does it hurt you too when you swallow, like you can feel it going all the way down your esophagus?

xx

baileys
31-12-10, 20:43
When it is bad cold food or drink is the worst thing for me, i can feel the pain all the way down when i swallow. So many people on here seem to suffer from the same thing. It could be muscular too because you are tense.
Youve been to the docs, he would know if there was anything to be concerned about. Dont worry.

PIGGY59
31-12-10, 20:55
it's so nice when people can be bothered to reassure you. i'm just a chronic panicky person. i'm waiting for cbt. i have a logical side and an illogical side in my brain and my illogical side is always the one that takes over! xx

baileys
31-12-10, 21:06
it's so nice when people can be bothered to reassure you. i'm just a chronic panicky person. i'm waiting for cbt. i have a logical side and an illogical side in my brain and my illogical side is always the one that takes over! xx

You are welcome.
We all have two brains on here, its a constant battle between them but i dont suffer from HA so im looking at it more logically than you are.