PDA

View Full Version : ectopics and menopause

cornishmaid
01-01-11, 08:01
well hadnt been doing too bad until yest,was at playing world of warcraft on the pc,and all of a sudden my heart done about three big thuds,course i panicked as per usual,then after id calmed myself down(am about to have my last cbt session which has helped me a lot) i went and checked my blood pressure,it was 121/'75 pulse 70 bpm,so this calmed me down a little more, i still went to the doc yest afternoon tho,she listened to my chest and said it all sounded fine ,but it could be the menopause or peri menopause causing them as im 45 yrs old andin this last year ive had 4 ecgs,echo test, multiple blood tests for thyroid and enzymes etc and chest x ray and they all been fine,but i still got that niggling what if they missed something :-( was wondering if anyone else experienced ectopics because of the menopause

macc noodle
01-01-11, 10:42
Hi there Cornishmaid

Hope you feelin better now?

I am peri-menopause and have had a massive resurgence of my anxiety and panic issues, including palpitations over the last 12 months.

My mother also had palpitations when menopausal.

Just one other thing, have you had one of these nasty viruses going round at the mo? I am recovering from one which lasted 10 days and am now having thudding heart, tingling and numbness (which I know is only anxiety or post viral related) but still horrible in any event!

I am sure that you will be fine, since you have been thoroughly checked previously, but there is no harm in asking your doc. if you are worried.

Take care

:D

paula lynne
01-01-11, 10:48
Hi Cornishmaid, Ive had palps for about 2 years because Im perimenopausal, and also pins and needles in my hands and feet. Theres a section about it on here under palpatations on the left, written by a nurse. Its common apparently. Not a nice sensation but one that gets better as we progress through the menopause. x

Going home
01-01-11, 13:49
Yes the old ectopics and flutters came on more frequently during the run up to the menopause in my mid 40's. But I also sometimes got them just before a period too and throughout my pregnancies. They do say that any hormonal imbalance can irritate them. I'm through the menopause now and don't have periods but I still get ectopics, probably because the oestrogen is still a bit up and down and I do take a beta blocker every day so it could be down to this too, though to be honest ive always been an ectopic sufferer since my 20's, had all the tests and reassurences, but they can still worry me sometimes.

Anna x

cornishmaid
01-01-11, 14:18
thank you for the replies, i dont think ive had one of them virus that been going round but did feel rubbish other week,these palpatations are on and off,i can go weeks and not get any then i get some,and its true what they say about keeping busy and not taking any notice,when im all on top of chores and have a bit of spare time( with 3 boys !!) lol i seem to focus on any health matter thats worrying me at the time,

blueangel
02-01-11, 13:09
I can add to this one as well - I found that I had loads more palpitations and ectopics when I went perimenopausal. They were also linked with hot flushes, which I had very badly until I gave in and went on HRT.

Going home
02-01-11, 14:04
Blueangel, can I ask if HRT helped with the ectopics?

Anna x

blueangel
03-01-11, 12:24
Hi there

Yes, it does seem to have helped with them, as I'm sure they were made worse by the hormone instability. About the only time I'm aware of them now is just before I get a period - I'll notice them a day or two before it starts, but other than that they're a lot, lot better unless I suddenly get very anxious about something.