PDA

View Full Version : Constant anxiety?

uk23
01-01-11, 09:27
Feels like constant anxiety symptoms, seem to be really fatigued and generally groggy. Feel cold as well and bloated - anyone else have this that seems to last for days/weeks?

Also some redness has appeared above my eyes.

macc noodle
01-01-11, 10:46
Hey UK23, sounds like you are nurturing one of these nasty viruses going round which I know from personal experience really give you a nasty resurgence of anxiety symptoms (just spent last 10 days battling a virus and for me even worse the worst anxiety and panic problems I have had in 15 years).

Anyway, I have resolved that today I am going to wrap up well and take a brisk walk in the fresh air, eat some fruit and take some good positive steps to boosting my immune system and NOT let the eeby jeebies get me - 15 years of careful management of anxiety problems is not going to be undone by a nasty virus !!!!!

Take care

uk23
01-01-11, 11:00
I do find that sometimes when like this taking some sort of muscle relaxant actually wakes me right up and i feel 'normal', just dont understand how that can be anxiety.

Thanks for the reply.

lucyloulucylou
01-01-11, 11:12
sounds like you have the flu thats going around although i am always anxious and tired, no matter what time of day it is so your not alone there

macc noodle
01-01-11, 11:13
Anxiety is an evil little so and so and gets people in many different ways!

If you are saying that a muscle relaxant makes you feel better it would suggest that your body has tensed up (constant anxiety does that) and you could perhaps do with finding a natural solution to this tension rather than use of muscle relaxants?

Sorry to sound a little old fashioned but what about a nice hot relaxing bath and a good book or some great music instead of the relaxant and see how it goes?

Going home
01-01-11, 13:40
The tension caused by constant anxiety can also delplete energy and can exhaust us, and some people liken the feeling to having constant flu-like symptoms.

Anna x