PDA

View Full Version : cold cough virus

simi
01-01-11, 10:56
Hi everyone just joined happy new year to you all.I have had health anxiety many years, although its been much worse over the last year, I think because my mum died of lung cancer in september.She wanted to die and refused all food and meds so very sad still find this difficult. My panic at the moment is I have a very bad virus cough lost voice aches and pains now 12 days. have been to walk-in centre twice and told my chest is clear and just a nasty virus , but still feel rubbish and getting in a panic, can anyone relate to this :)

Groundhog
01-01-11, 11:40
Hi
The current cough virus is quite nasty and hard to shake I know of several people that have /had it and it really does hang on. My wife had it for a fortnight and my sister-in-law has had it for three weeks, she has pains all over from coughing, has lost a stone in weight, is on pain killers for pulled muscles. She has seen her doc several times and he has told her it is a particularly virulent strain and people are taking some time to mend. I think its just a case of riding it out.

simi
01-01-11, 12:23
Thanks it helps to know I!m not the only one :)

jothenurse
01-01-11, 12:41
Hope you feel better soon. My Mom passed away in August. It is so very hard with her gone. (My father passed away in 2001). The holidays can be especially hard.

simi
01-01-11, 13:29
Thanks yeah found christmas very hard i also lost my dad 6years ago but like to think they are in a better place

pinkprincess
02-01-11, 09:44
Hi Simi,

I can relate to this i started with a runny nose and aches and pains on boxing day night, (i had already had it in december) and it panicked me thinking i have something wrong as keep catching it, i felt terrible all this week, headache sinus pain, muscle aches blocked nose, everyone has got it, it feels like you have had it ages too, when you have anxiety your adrenaline kicks in and instead of relaxing like you should your on edge. thats how i feel anyway.

Hope you get better soon, and happy new year :)

simi
02-01-11, 10:55
Thanks Meg it really helps that other people feel the same, need to chill out out a bit more I think. Happy healthy new year to you

Strikeman
05-01-11, 10:38
I am currently having this as well however with the added worry of coughing up mucus with blood in! :( I have had mine for just over 2 weeks and whilst the cough is getting better, its a slow process and seems to be taking forever for my body to get rid of it even with me on my last day of my antibiotics, it feels like I need another weeks worth

simi
05-01-11, 15:36
Hi it seems to be a very nasty virus that goes on a long time, lets hope we will all feel better soon