PDA

View Full Version : paracetamol

Pcdaft
01-01-11, 12:50
can paracetamol help a anxiety headache

macc noodle
01-01-11, 13:43
Some days it works for me and others not - depends how anxious I am - if I have gone off the scale and my neck is involved too I try a nice warm towel or somesuch around the neck, two paracetomol and a warm soothing drink.

paula lynne
01-01-11, 14:31
Hi, anxiety headache is stress related, I find trying to relax better. Try 4Head, its menthol based, and works great around the temples and forehead. You can take paracetamol with no bother if you like, but these are mostly effective for bringing temp down, not pain relief caused by anxiety. Macc Noodle is right, something like a hot water bottle, or bath is better for you, as it helps relax the neck muscles. Hope you feel better soon x

Pcdaft
01-01-11, 16:22
Some days it works for me and others not - depends how anxious I am - if I have gone off the scale and my neck is involved too I try a nice warm towel or somesuch around the neck, two paracetomol and a warm soothing drink.
thank you xx:hugs:

eternally optimistic
01-01-11, 16:31
have you tried syndol tablets, they can knock you out if you take two. one makes you feel comfortable. they are over the counter meds.

also tiger balm, like 4 head, is good.

i do sympathise, i have had some horrendous tension headaches.