PDA

View Full Version : Antibiotics n Anxiety

Panic33
01-01-11, 16:24
Has anyone ever had anxiety brought on by antibiotics?

I suffered from anxiety really bad for 6 months over 12months ago - used to be a regular on this forum [ in fact would say it was the one thing that got me through it]. I managed to beat it and have been fine for 12 months.

I got a chest infection a week ago which the doc gave me amoxicillin 500mg 3 times a day - but I have noticed my anxiety creeping back. I don't want to start with it again and was wondering if anyone else had it brought on by antibiotics.

I've looked on the net and one of the side effects can be anxiety, but I've never had it before from antibiotics.

jessicalittler79
01-01-11, 16:34
hun i gatthis to ive notice when i take amoxicilln i have super bad anx ....i always stop them bad doc tells me not to but i hate that feeling..hope u get well hun tc

Panic33
01-01-11, 17:47
hun i gatthis to ive notice when i take amoxicilln i have super bad anx ....i always stop them bad doc tells me not to but i hate that feeling..hope u get well hun tc

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to stop taking them as anxiety getting really bad.

Panic33
03-01-11, 11:37
In case any1 else wanted info: Candida can be caused by using antibiotics and can have side effects including mood swings, anxiety ... ref:
http://www.holistichelp.net/candida.html