PDA

View Full Version : fear of being driven to eventual suicide ?

ChrisK
02-01-11, 03:27
Some of you have suffered from panic disorders for more than just a few years, and I, being on my first year but already in a severe state, I wish to develop insensibility towards myself just to cope for the years to come. I'm becoming less afraid in dying and more afraid than living, which is by far harder. I wish some words of encouragement please ?

scaredstiff695
02-01-11, 03:47
hi i can relate to what your sayng 9 yeard ve suffered with anxiety health anxiety.
and i have just started cbt and finally getting the correct help ive waited for. However since boxing day i developed a cold with is now they think qa chest infection and with ut comes along my ANXIETY and by god ive never felt anxiet like it this week.

and my point is feel just lke you that i cant do it nemore that yeah im scared of dying but im scared of living too and then get upset abgout how use3d to live.

MY ADVICE IS THIS...

YOU WILL GET BETTER AND LEARN TO DEAL WTH IT WE ALL WILL AND WE CANYT KEEP LOOKING AT THE PAST WE HAVE TO LOOK AHEAD AND WHILE IT MIGHT NOT SEEM LIKE IT NOW COS YOUR PROBABLY IN A VBERY DARK ANXIETY PLACE THERE REALLY iS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.
AND IF YOU WERE TO END YOUR LIFE YOU WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO NO HOW GREAT OT WILL BE ON CE YOU RECOVER. IVE BEEN TOLD THAT WHEN PEOPLE RECOVER FROMK ANXIETY WE ARE VERY MLD MANNERED AND CAN DEAL WITH THINGS MOST PEOPLE CANT.

IM WAITING AND WATING T WLL COME OUR TIME S THERE TS ISNT A LIFE THREATNING ILLNESS ITS ONE WE CAN RECOVER FROM AND WE WILL XX

Captain Caveman
02-01-11, 10:02
Hi Chris. Yeah as scaredstiff touched on, you will grow in to a better person through your battles. People often say that they wish to go back to how they used to be. However, being how you used to be is what gots you in to the mess you find yourself in these days. It takes time to change how we respond to things. But with the skills we learn, we grow in to people who are more able to tackle life and all the stress that comes. Keep at it dude:)

Veronica H
02-01-11, 12:34
Hi Chris
Finding out who we are again after nervous illness is not easy. Many people are waiting to be there old selves again, and I have been there too. The clock has been reset and you now have an opportunity to take yourself forward with better coping strategies. I am happy to say I am not the same person Chris. I am not a completely sorted and together person either, as I believe there is no such thing. Life is tough at times, but then it is for everyone, it is just that we tend to be sensitive souls generally. I thought my life was over 2 years ago and I was so wrong. I would have missed some amazing life events had I given up then.

Wise words Captain Caveman and all. Big hugs everyone as we step into 2011.:bighug1:Vx

Going home
02-01-11, 13:59
We also have to remember that anxiety is part of life and it produces symptoms that can be uncomfortable. The way we react to this is the key that opens the door to a more peaceful life. For example, if my partner is worried about something he might get all the usual anxiety symptoms until the worry is over then the symptoms go away because he has solved the problem or whatever. But with me, I would become worried about the anxiety symptoms and how they were making my body feel rather than the thing that was causing the worry! And this is what keeps anxiety going for many years. So re-training your thought process takes time but it can be done.

Anna x

ChrisK
02-01-11, 14:01
Thank you everyone xoxo

Veronica H
02-01-11, 21:11
Hi Anna

'We also have to remember that anxiety is part of life and it produces symptoms that can be uncomfortable. The way we react to this is the key that opens the door to a more peaceful life'.....very true and these are the strategies that I have had to learn after years of thinking I was the same as everyone else. Then I burned out after years of overthinking my overthinking.:)

Veronicax