PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

solota
24-03-06, 12:04
Has anyone else been on 10mg for about 3weeks and then increased to 20mg. If so am I going to have to go through all those side effects again!!

mandie
24-03-06, 12:50
Hi

I am probably gonna have to increase to 20 mg next week after being on them for past 4 weeks. im worried cause i dont want all the side effects again!

maybe i stick with 10mg im not sure yet

mandie x

Yvonne
24-03-06, 17:40
Hi

I think any increase in dosage will unfortunately include side effects.

I know the side effects of Citalapram are not all that nice (to put it mildly) because I have been taking this medication for a while. At least the side effects will wear off after a couple of weeks so you have to comfort yourself with that.

Take care.
Yvonne

Y Goble

Two heads
24-03-06, 18:15
I think i may have to increase next week,have been on them 3weeks and not much different!I also am worried about those horrid side affects.Im on 10mg,seeing doc next week,i may just increase to 15mg.

solota
28-03-06, 20:22
Hi just updating you all. I did increase to 20mg on docs advice. I have suffered with side effects again but I don't think they are quite as bad. Trouble is I don't know if I was just waiting for side effects and therefore I got them! Have to say I am feeling slightly better now. Still have bad moments for what seems like no reason but I think it's getting better. How did all of you get on?

Two heads
29-03-06, 15:53
Hi!Well ive been to docs today and we have decided to increase to 15mg,but i think i will wait entill the weekend is over because i thought i may go out sat for the frist time in ages.Im alittle worried about increaseing it!Glad to hear your feeling a little better.I also came off my beta-blockers on sunday and have had an increase of anxiety.Will i ever be normal,i do hope so...

mandie
30-03-06, 00:27
Hi

My gp increased me to 20mg on monday. Iv only taken for 2 days but iv been feeling a bit spaced out.

Im sure its because im already panicking about the possible side effects im gonna get from going up a dose.

love mandie x

Two heads
31-03-06, 11:17
How are you all today?Im still up and down,but i have noticed more happy moments,but panick still haset gone totally!Im just really trying to control my thought process,which really at times is differcult.Glad to here afew of you are feeling alittle better.We just have to stick with them!x

robbieuno
14-02-10, 16:49
hi every one,
i been on cit for 6 weeks now, the last two weeks on 20g a day the side effects are less with me on a higher dossage,i know this dont make sense but thats what it as done to me. they are still there but less.but also waiting for the drug to work,going to docs next week and most prob go up to 30g a day.I have bad deep depression and cant really see these pills working but iv got to try its my last hope to get back to normal,i wish you well and try not to worry about taking them, reguards robert