PDA

View Full Version : being ill on cipralex

fretty freda
02-01-11, 13:55
hiya ive got flu and i have been taking my medication but i keep having the eletric shocks in my head like i havent taken it anyone know why ?

Anxious-in-Canada
02-01-11, 21:01
Have you been able to eat with the flu? If not that could be part of the issue...

Also keeping hydrated is important. Water and plenty of fluids ( soups with lots of broth)

fretty freda
02-01-11, 23:04
thankyou yes i am going mad been in bed for 4 days never had flu before

fretty freda
07-01-11, 13:33
hi people ive now been off work for one week , i have done nothing but sleep and have hardly left the house with this virus , the problem is i feel really strange when i go out any were , i am exhausted , monday i am going back to work and i am concerned i will still feel strange , what started off as the flu is turning into depression / panic because the only time i usually off sick or stay in bed is with depression / anxiety , i am scared to talk to people as ive been isolated , please help i gfeel like i am going mad

Anxious-in-Canada
07-01-11, 17:55
Hi Freda,

Sorry to hear you have been so ill. Flu bugs can be nasty!!! Don't be too hard on your self as it can take time to fully get over a flu and its effects on your body.

Are you eating and drinking normally again? your system is probably out of wahck because of nutrition, try eating some easy foods (soups, crackers, toast etc... and work up to more substantial meals by Sunday) Hopefully this will help you feel better. Don't stress over being tired and take the weekend to rest up.

You do need to talk with people though, have a friend over for tea and talk out your feelings (someone who empathetic for you)

hope this helps

fretty freda
07-01-11, 19:11
thanks i am going to my friends house but like i say i feel strange as been isolated so long i am wondering how long it will take for this depression to go away now x