PDA

View Full Version : weird chest sensation

daisycake
02-01-11, 18:39
OK; it's not ectopics because they feel quite different to this - like a skip. This is more like a lump in my chest when I stand up; like a sudden tightness and soreness in my throat and the feeling that I need to cough and a feeling that I can't breathe - I quite often feel the same if I breathe really heavy after running or after laughing. I'm utterly terrified of having heart disease despite having had 4 ecgs since November and having a full general anaesthetic with a continual ecg when I was fifteen (I'm nineteen). I get a lot of chest pain and sometimes dizzy spells which my GP has said are costochondritis and heartburn and labyrinithitis but I'm really scared. I dont understand why they arent refering me to cardiology/24 hr tape/echo etc? Really worried :(

Stav_98
02-01-11, 18:48
Sounds like wind to me!

They're not referring you as there's no reason to based on your ECG results. Don't forget they get as much information from what they don't see during these tests. They would have been reviewed with all your symptoms in mind.

I regularly get chest pain (I'm also terrified if heart issues) and I can generally link it directly to a stress/anxiety trigger. Reading your post above I'd suggest your pains may well be down to being worked up. Have a nice hot bath...generally sorts this kinda thing out.

faith2011
02-01-11, 18:59
Hi Daisy,

If youve had 4 ECG's since November and the doctors have not found anything then I'm sure you are fine. Do you exercise a lot which may trigger this?