PDA

View Full Version : headache for months

Sezit
02-01-11, 21:27
Can anyone help, I am getting myself in a state. I have had a headache for about 6 months and I am now worried that its a tumour or something. It is there all the time in the right hand side of my head. About 6 months ago I had a big lump on my shoulder which was excrutiating to touch. I went to the doctors and had an xray but the lump went. I have a constant pain in the right hand side of my head and up the back of my neck and the back and front of my shoulder. I have had pain killers but they dont work.

paula lynne
02-01-11, 21:29
Hi, 6 monthes is a very long time to have a headache. Has your gp said its connected to the lump you had, maybe trapped nerves in your neck, and thus causing the headache?

Sezit
02-01-11, 21:36
he hasn't said anything I have just a really bad headache in the right hand side of my head and the back of my neck on the right hand side feels tight and hurts when I press it in my collar bone. I am also on sertraline 50mg and wondered if it could be that at all but that wouldn't make my neck ache would it? The problem is when you are prescribed with anxiety and you go to the doctors they put everything down to that.

paula lynne
02-01-11, 21:47
Yes, its hard once youve been diagnosed with anxiety, as you say, gps can put the blame on that for anything else we have. It may be the Sertraline, but even if its not, 6 monthes is far too long to be suffering with a constant headache. It may be your having a side effect of 1 of the ingredients in the Sert, anyway, you need to see your gp. You shouldnt be suffering like this, especially if pain killers dont work. Hope you feel better soon