PDA

View Full Version : bit of an embarrassing question...

miniholly
02-01-11, 21:39
hi everyone, my questions a wee bit crude so sorry but its quite bothersome :(
my boyfriend and I both want to try out anal sex at some point and have done for a while, the only thing thats stopping us is the fact i'm so so so worried i'll get HIV!
what are the chances of this happening?
i know my boyfriend could get tested for HIV before hand, but i don't want to sound rude or too much of a hypocondriac!
sorry to be so graphic xxx

ChrisK
02-01-11, 21:45
You won't enjoy it with that in mind, better talk to him about and of course, condoms.

HarrogateChris
02-01-11, 21:46
i'm so so so worried i'll get HIV!

If you're having unprotected sex with your boyfriend and he has HIV then it doesn't matter which hole you use. If you're using condoms then again it doesn't matter, you may want to use extra strong ones though.

It's a sexually transmitted virus, it doesn't descriminate about which way it gets in.

Chris

Stav_98
02-01-11, 21:47
HIV isn't the only risk but as mentioned above, unprotected sex is unprotected sex. Check out the knower of all things...WIKI :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_sex

miniholly
02-01-11, 22:57
thanks everyone
however now i'm majorly worried as i've had unprotected several times i obviously know about the risks but i'm pretty sure if my boyfriend had some form of STD or HIV he'd tell me. i'm so majorly paranoid i'm going to get it now :'( xxx

HarrogateChris
03-01-11, 09:42
You can both get a check up at a local GUM clinic or some larger GP practices. You can do it anonymously and it doesn't go on your medical record. The results are available very quickly.

You can soon put your mind at ease :hugs:

Chris x

miniholly
03-01-11, 23:13
thanks, im a bit embarrassed as i'm under 21 so im scared the doctors will think i'm foolish :( i know we probably should've used a condom, but my boyfriend can't stand condoms so I went on the pill, scared to death now, i cant believe how stupid i am :(
xx

uk23
03-01-11, 23:28
You can either get a check or talk to your GP about it.

Make sure you wear a condom, its safer and just messy if you dont!