PDA

View Full Version : Pain in chest / breast ?

HazG
03-01-11, 10:00
Hi i have been getting a pain not really an ouch pain just more like uncomfortable type pain in my left breast well it feel like its behind and below my breast rib area and not all the time,also a dry cough and a feeling like frog i my throat :ohmy: it is worrying me is it my heart.

I have had such a rubbish year i lost my mum last year and it hit me hard i went through depressinon and anxiety i am never ill and this year my gosh i have never had so many symptoms,all i want to do is live my life!! my Dr did a full blood count in june this year and all was normal what ever normal is! i went through a few months of urine infections now i have the chest thing and ist driving me mad,i am worried if i go to my GP he will sed me for an endoscopy and i don't think i could cope with that at the moment mum is still raw as i went with her for all her testes she had bowel cancer was diagnosed last christmas and passed 31st jan so almost 12 months and it feels like yesterday:emot-crying:
Sorry so long.

carl phillips 1983
03-01-11, 10:41
ive had it myself the last few days pain in my chest left side i have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for over 5 years and the symptoms u have r unbelivable try not to think of it i know its really hard.

happycamper
06-01-11, 22:00
Hi HazG,

I also get lots of vague indigestion/chest pains, been on and off, for 2 or 3 years got myself in to a right tizz about it until I hit tilt emotionally and went to a GP who prescribed citalopram, what a shock that was! Also was prescribed omeprazole which I think works, but I do keep getting flare ups.

My anxiety I think started when my mum had just had her breast cancer treatment then my dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer, all in such a short space of time. They are however both still alive thankfully.

Have you had much in the way of bereavement support since the loss of your mum?
I've been seeing a clinical psychologist recently who is part of the cancer support centre attached to the hospital, this particular one is called Maggies.http://www.maggiescentres.org/
I wonder if there is something similar near to you? She has helped me no end and sees family member affected by cancer, not just the sufferer themselves.

Hope things improve for you. X