PDA

View Full Version : no weight gain...is anyone the same.

sandy40
03-01-11, 14:01
Hi im on 75mg of Pregablin 2xdaily..i read that weight gain is a common side effect but ive bene not gained any..im worried that something serious is wrong with me..im feeling sicky and shaky and my mouth is dry and numb feeling.Is this normal? ive been taking them for a few months now along with 60mg of duloxetine.

JT69
03-01-11, 17:23
Hi Sandy,

I take pregablain 100mg twice daily. I have not suffered (thankfully) from any weight gain taking them....I put on enough taking mirtazipine....couldn't of coped with any more!!! I sometimes feel sicky and shaky too...not sure if its the drug or the actual anxiety. Rest assured you are not alone.

Hope it eases for you.

Jo.xx

belvederebabe
12-10-11, 12:16
I asked my GP why Pregabalin made you put on weight, "was it to do with the metabolism he told me it can make you hungry.

I guess if you are on a low dose, or if you have a low appetite you will be fine. Or eat as healthily as you can. My dose has just been increased and after a couple f days I am feeling very hungry, I am on a diet so am really fighting this, the only way I can satisfy this hunger is to keep drinking tea and coffee and I have just given in and had a cigarette( I usually try to smoke in the evening only). I am on a low carb diet so fruit and carrot sticks are not an option.

If anyone has any tips that I can use to satisfy this hunger I would be very grateful.

Scratchappy
09-12-11, 13:36
I've actually lost weight since starting pregabalin. About 5lbs in 4 weeks.
Probably mainly due to a healthier lifestyle with better diet and more exercise incorporated.

But, I don't really feel my appetite has increased since starting on the medication in any case.

Like Belvederebabe says, just eat healthily. I try and drink some water or have some fruit to help fill me up if I do feel hungry.

If you eat more, exercise more (if you're able to).

Scratch