PDA

View Full Version : Update

ToniDMB
13-03-04, 01:29
Well...it has been a rough week for me. Last friday night, my cousin was killed in a car accident. He was 16 years old. My universe was shaken. Through the numerous tears and heartache I have dealt with in the past week, I haven't suffered even the slightest bit of anxiety or panic, and I think I know why. For one thing, I haven't had even the slightest moment to dwell on myself. Traveling for the funeral, being with family, and grieving has taken up most of my time. And another realization that may have helped me is this, and I don't mean to go all "bible" on you folks, but please understand why and where I am coming from. Life is so short. I also believe our fate is out of our hands, and in a higher power, mine being God. I believe he has made a plan for me, so I don't have to worry anymore. When it is my time, it is my time. This world is MISERABLE. There is violence, hate, pollution, discrimination, confusion, abuse, and neglect everywhere you look. THERE IS A BETTER PLACE! My faith in knowing this has helped me cope and get over the loss of such an incredible young man. I sure hope I haven't upset anyone here, because that is definitly not my intentions. But maybe, just maybe if you tried to look at things in a different light, possibly it could help you with your anxiety as well.

I met with my therapist today and she was amazed at the way I was looking at everything. She was expecting this event to do nothing more than heighten my anxiety, certainly not help it, but perhaps I have learned something this week. Life is so very unpredictable. What I can't change, I can't change. Loving people, being the best person I can be, and helping others in any way I can will give me the strength to get through this. God is on my side, he will help me too.

Hugs and Love,
Toni

Buby
13-03-04, 15:53
Hi Toni,

im really sorry to hear about ure cousin and its great thats ure viewin life differently.

hugs for u and ure family xxx Rachel xxx

nomorepanic
13-03-04, 17:23
Hi Toni

Sorry to hear the news, that is terrible that he was killed at such a young age.

I am so pleased to hear that you are coping so well with the pressure of things.

I am sure you will not upset anyone here as we all have open opinions on most things and we accept people as they are.

I hope you continue to get strength from your beliefs.

Nicola

diana
13-03-04, 19:07
Heya Toni,

I would just like to say that I am so very sorry for the loss of your cousin, and not that there is ever an appropriate age to lose someone, but obviously this young man was just staring life and that is very sad and a tremendous loss.

I am so happy for you however that you have found peace with your own mortality through your loss.

It is always good if we can learn something from our bad/sad experiences. Then usually when we reflect on the time spent with the person we no longer have amongst us, it is a very good reflection.

Sometimes even in death we can learn so very much from those who go before us.

I do hope you continue to heal from the pain you are feeling and gain courage with every new day to accept the things we can not change and take glory in the things we can change :).

Take care dear,

Lot`s of Love and thoughts go out to you and your family,

Diana xoxoxo [:X]

sadie
13-03-04, 19:08
Hi Toni,

Im sorry to hear of your recent loss, I hope that you and your family are ok.

You do seem to be dealing with this upset quite well though. Its good that you have coped so well and that you have made 'peace' with yourself and your anxiety through it all.

Take care

sadie