View Full Version : help wanted please

Granny Primark
03-01-11, 21:30
I cant eat when im stressed
Ive been stressed for over 3 months.
Its not attention seeking.
I cant even stand the smell of food.
Im living on milk.
I used to be a strong person but at the mo cant cope. I once had a sense of humour.
Omg i feel guilty for asking for help. sorry.

sparkles71
03-01-11, 21:43
Hi Granny Primark, Have you tried adding some porridge to your milk & see how you go with that, i now do this myself & it really has helped. I hope you start feeling better soon & im sure you will find your sense of humour soon.:hugs:

paula lynne
03-01-11, 21:49
Lynn, ask someone to get you build-up drinks from the chemist. They are high calories with vits and minerals, and lots of flavours, milky consistancy.
Obviously, this is a short term solution love, its the cause of the stress that needs to be addressed. Hope you feel better soon. x

bottleblond
04-01-11, 00:10
Lynn

I can relate to this 100%

Try to make yourself tiny amounts but regular. I know it's so much easier said than done mate but even if it's a slice of toast then please try. A small salad, yogurt, toastie, anything that puts something in your stomach.

It will get easier as long as you keep topping up, as small as it may be.

Thinking of you and sending big hugs

lisa

xxx:hugs:

Kells81
04-01-11, 00:14
Hiya

How about trying yoghurt, I often eat that when I can't manage anything else. You could start with smooth yoghurt and then try the ones that have the fruit bits in them.

I really hope you feel better soon xx

suzy-sue
04-01-11, 10:52
How about some fruit smoothies ..You can get lots of different flavours in the supermarkets .They will give you plenty of vits to keep you healthy and are easy to get down .Loss of appetite will make you feel low ,so try to eat something ,even if its only a couple of mouthfuls at a time .I hope you feel better soon Lynn .LOTS OF LUV sue xx:hugs:

t0rt01se36
04-01-11, 15:00
Petit Filous is good.

I am with you in thought all the time Lynn. Your happiness and sense of humour is sadly missed.

Best wishes from your online buddy.

Ju x

Rous
04-01-11, 15:23
I use wheetabix Lynn, with lots of extra milk to make it really runny when I don't feel like eating. Gives me fluids & essential roughage.

No need to feel guilty. :hugs:

PoppyC
05-01-11, 16:09
Hi Lynn
When I used to feel really ill and didnt really eat anything at all or I would be sick, I lived on Muller Rice yoghurts and bananas. Boring I know, but they did help. The bananas took away the nausea too. I just ate little and often.
The less I ate, the more my stomach became acidy and then that made me not want to eat because I was suffering with that, and it became a vicious circle, so I had little amounts and built up from there and eventually I started feeling better. Whenever I get really stressed I go straight off food.
Hoping you feel better and less stressed soon. Thinking of you :hugs: