PDA

View Full Version : In Tears

JoniEdwards
04-01-11, 09:39
I have gotten myself into a panic about having Ovarian Cancer, the main symptoms are, bloating, full feeling in stomach, nausea, frequent urination...all of which I have right now..I'm 29 never had any children I'm not sure if I'm a risk factor, but as of right now I have myself convinced I have it and I'm going to die from it. I'm so so scared and in tears about it all.

Thanks for listening

Joni

suzy-sue
04-01-11, 09:49
Anxiety can cause all these symptoms .You sound like you have IBS . THE NEEDto pee frequently can be caused by anxiety .I can also be a sign of a urinary tract infection .I doubt very much if is Ovarian cancer .You would have more symptoms .Go see you dr and he will reassure you and give you s urine test to check you for a urine infection .Try not to be worried .Read the article on the left of the page about IBS ..Take care and I hope you feel better soon .. :hugs:sue xx

Em.ma
04-01-11, 09:50
Ive had all these symtoms together and more, i still have some of them now. Calm down you do NOT have cancer :)

JoniEdwards
04-01-11, 09:52
Thank you so much for your replies. I'm so glad I found this forum, my mind gets away on me sometimes :blush: I'm my own worst enemy

trest
04-01-11, 15:56
I think I can understand how you feel. I hope you will be able to overcome the thoughts :)

simon68
04-01-11, 20:57
Hi Joni
I have similar symptoms most days and had all the fears you have, sometimes I still do.
I have had many tests and scans etc and nothing has been found. So I now put this down to anxiety, panic and stress.
Please try to relax and forget these fears. It's easier said than done I know, but you will begin to feel alot better. :)

Oh, obviously my concerns weren't Ovarian cancer with me being male!! lol

Take care

filigree
04-01-11, 21:25
That is also one of my biggest fears. It's because that all the symptoms that you describe are also symptoms of IBS (which I have) which has been proven to be directly linked to anxiety.

I have lived with those symptoms on and off for a few years now and I really share your fear and anxiety, but we have to keep reminding ourselves that the reason we are here in the first place is because we are suffering from health anxiety....

In 2011 I'm determined to find a solution to all this awful anxiety we are all experiencing... I've really had enough of it taking over my life and my thoughts. :mad:

rosi
04-01-11, 21:34
At 29, I think it's unlikely you have OC. I remember reading during my googling when I had my OC scare that GPs will probably only see a handful of OC cases throughout their whole career and of these practically all will be post menopausal.geriatric women. The media tells us to be aware of so much that i think we are literally being frightened to death.

Jan63
04-01-11, 23:17
You could have an ovarian cyst which would cause those symptoms. They are very common, I had one when I was 28. :) I also worry about ovarian cancer but I'm quite a bit older than you.