PDA

View Full Version : Labryinthitus sufferer

jaybt
04-01-11, 16:53
Hi i have labryinthitus and was hoping to chat to like minded people
________
Avandia side effects (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

nomorepanic
04-01-11, 16:54
Hi jaybt

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

midgey
04-01-11, 17:15
Hi, I was told I have labyrinthitis for over a year. I have constant dizziness. I have just found out that I have ME which can also have dizziness as one of its symptoms. I also have anxiety which can also have dizziness as a symptom. Do you have other symptoms?

Vanilla Sky
04-01-11, 21:23
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

JaneC
04-01-11, 21:36
Hi and :welcome:. I first had lab three years ago and know how horrible it is. Has your doc been any help? xx

jaybt
04-01-11, 21:53
hi every one thanks for welcoming me my labs episodes dont come often but when it does it lasts for ages and leaves me drained i hate it because i loose all control my daughter is such a big help when it happens. I used to like to have a drink now and then but since i contracted this i just dont i couldnt handle having a hang over now lol. Has anyone had an attack whie outside. if so how did you cope
________
Sunset Boulevard Residence (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

pussy cat
04-01-11, 23:38
hello,another lab sufferer here - i have had it on & off for many years & it,s a vile thing with no meds to help it really-the only thing i have ever been offered are tablets to help the nausea that sometimes accompanys it-however what i can tell you is over the years the episodes become less frequent,less intense & don,t last as long.i also used to like a drink & i was so fed up with it during 1 episode that i thought to hell with this i might as well have a drink & be properly dizzy & know the reason why i am dizzy !!!lol yes it has happened to me while out-i was at work once when it came on,thankfully not to intense & at the end of my shift so i managed to finish without panicing to much.1 of the biggest fears is that it will happen while you are not at home.try & move around as much as you can when you have an attack-this is far better than staying still as i used to do.do you know what caused it? i read in an article some yearts ago about 2 sufferers - 1 was a well known t.v personality & the other was a famous cricketer-both names evade me at the moment-however both went undiagnosed for a few years even after many tests & both thought they were imagining it-they were in the end diagnosed & it turned out to be in both cases that a long time before they had their first bout they had both had antibiotics that they were allergic to which had infact done some damage to the inner ear.this was also the cause in my case although it took me a lot of time to remember the incident as it had been approx 2/3 years before.i had pelvic inflamatory disease & was given ethromycin antibiotics for 1 week-within a couple of days i was getting severe stomach pain & felt really ill-however they told me to complete the course as they were a brilliant antibiotic-they even prescribed me with an extra3 days supply as the infection had not ceased after the 7 days !! i ended up in hospital as the antibiotics had stripped the lining off my stomach-i had lost nearly 2 stone in weight as everything i ate i brought up & i was quite ill-anyway all was resolved eventually but i had labs 2/3 trs later.hope you are coping o.k. & you will get used to dealing with it. good luck xx

carole123
11-01-11, 22:53
another sufferer. think it makes sense reading your thread. i was told mine was due to too many antibiotics due to ear infection

paulst
12-01-11, 08:46
Hi jaybt, welcome to the forum.:)