PDA

View Full Version : Could a form of OCD be fueling my panic disorder ?

ChrisK
04-01-11, 16:57
I just realized this but it's been going on for a while now. Whenever I enter a room, I become very analytical and start to wonder off and spend a great deal of my internal energy imagining how hard must have been for carpenters, workers and architects to build this place, then I start to think about the complexity of this world : human life, issues, how modern technology works with all the small details, molecules, atoms etc. I start to look around and take notice of things. At the end of the day, I feel very overwhelmed (in a negative sense) and burnt out.

Another example would be while I'm taking medications, I start to wonder how medications work in the body, my imagination becomes overactive again and start to imagine the entire digestive process. I also check the back of the box to see which category the medication is from and its chemical components.

I feel extremely weird about this, can anyone relate ?

DavidJ85
05-01-11, 01:09
Chris some of the thoughts I have are similar. Like I'll over analyse everything and try and find meaning to it.

Sitting with family and friends in a room sometimes I just look at them and think hmm just a skeleton with a brain and muscles. So odd!