PDA

View Full Version : Long term inverted nipple but..

rosi
04-01-11, 17:51
I am currently going through a major BC panic. Just can't get it out of my head. I was doing so well but I've noticed (probably because I'm obsessing and checking) that when I have a bath my inverted nipple (which I've had for 11 years since breast feeding) that I can scrape semi solid white stuff out of it. Does anybody else get this? Could it be just dirt and skin cells collecting in the inverted part and mixing with the water. There's not a lot and I can't see any during the day (although I have to admit I'm trying not to check during the day.

I saw the doctor in november and she gave me some cream for a nipple infection caused by me aggravating the area and felt all around and declared it a healthy nipple but...but...

I hate this. Why do I keep checking? Just feel sick.

aabualia
04-01-11, 19:00
go ahead and live your life ... stop checking your body .... you have nothing bad ...
just forget it and do not look and search your body ...

Aycie
04-01-11, 19:03
Hi there this is my first post after lurking for a while. Like you I am in the middle of a BC meltdown. Had a funny little spot/scab on my nipple which peeled off today, rather than feel relief that it had gone I have gone into a total panic and now think I havd Pagets disease! just been to the doctor and been checked over nothing found but I dont feel in the least bit reassured. Cant help you much but at least we're not alone. X

countrygirl
04-01-11, 19:05
I have had an inverted nipple all my life and every so often i get a build up of hard white junk - I have a bit of nipple that is level with the hollow and it collects around there and I can scrape it out but you have to be very very careful of irritating the area, I only do it if it comes out with barely a touch. This is completely normal.

rosi
04-01-11, 19:27
Countrygirl you have helped me more than I can say. I know rationally that's it just dirt/skin and to be honest due to having ill kids I've not had a bath for about 48 hours so that would give time for 'junk' to built up. I am also trying to be rational that as the nipple is inside all the time it will not look the same as the other when it's inverted. Nobody has indentical nipples.

Aabulia-you're totally right. A long time ago I used to be on another forum where the site owner suffered from HA from years. The way he conquered his was by just not checking and not analysing every fluid, every bump and just ignoring it. I know this goes against the core of CBT and facing your fears and conquering them but I think I'm getting to that point as well. I have had a long term fear of Ovarian cacer but I have largely conquered that by just not checking anymore-so it does work. Since November I have been wearing a sports bra all the time to prevent checking and bathe in the dark so i can't check and re check.

Aycie, until I decided that I had BC I never even knew about Pagets disease. From my reading I think you're fine, it's something that really cannot be missed. A doctor knows exactly what to look for. When i had my breast exam in November (a). I was amazed by how lightly the doctor checked for lumps (no pushing and prodding) and (b.) by how she looked at and manipulated the nipple, absolutely intent on what to look for. If your doctor had had the slightest suspicion they would have referred you immediately-hey, look how rational I am for someone who's had Pagets/IBC/breast cancer all at once (you have to laugh at this stupid HA even).

Aycie
04-01-11, 19:33
Thanks rosi, I know you are right but when a panic hits its hard to think logically isn't it?x

rosi
04-01-11, 19:40
I know, it's so awful. Just sheer terror. Honestly my dear, I just know you're ok. Like I said it's something that simply cannot be missed. I am determined that I'm going to spend as little time as I can not dry mouthed with terror and wrapped up in my head. We really can beat this together.:hugs:

MandySlade
04-01-11, 20:16
"Could it be just dirt and skin cells collecting in the inverted part and mixing with the water."

most likely. have any piercings? you know when you leave an earring out for a few days and you put one back in, sometimes you get that whiteish stuff from out of the hole? it's the same thing. dead skin cells.

rosi
04-01-11, 20:34
This is true. From my insistent googling (which I am getting better at avoiding) I read something about nature abhoring a vacuum and any human space, dent or hole will fill up with debris.

I have noticed a pattern with all this which i have mentioned on here before. When I fell like I'm beating HA I have to almost conciously sabtotage myself by checking. It's like I don;t feel I deserve to be content and happy, that worry has become such a defination of who I am that I can't let go.

Trying so hard to beat this. Was on Sertraline but to be honest while it works for many people it didn't work for me, so trying other avenues.