PDA

View Full Version : Help me, once again please.

johansaken
04-01-11, 18:10
So I sat at the computer this morning for a good few hours. After that I went to meet my wife and go to the store. I also suffer from social phobia and today was one of my bad days.

Anyway, I got a wierd feeling on the left side of my neck,like a tingeling feeling, feel "heavy", feel dizzy and "out there". Yes, I realize that Im here. But Im freaking out. Visual disturbance, heart racing, numb wierd feeling side of neck goin up the back of the head, feel warm (like I got a fever).

help me, panic running me over! :weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

johansaken
04-01-11, 18:42
anyone

elainey70
04-01-11, 18:44
Hi John,

Sorry to hear your feeling rough,you will be ok i promise, this is anxiety causing these feelings, as you said the panic is running through you. Concentrate on your breathing. Try and do something to distract yourself, remember breath, in 1234, out 56789.

Jannie2948
04-01-11, 18:49
Hi John
I've been much the same this evening, was doing ok first day back at work after Christmas and got home and can't stop shaking. Feels like I'm having a panic, feel really weak, shaky and dizzy. I've just had to take a diazepam to calm me and had something sweet to eat and plenty of water. I feel like it is gradually subsiding but oh how I hate that horrible out of control feeling!!
I hope you are feeling better, but please know that you are not alone and there are lots of us on here with this horrible panic/anxiety. I am on meds now for just over a year and have been doing great, just had this little blip for a couple of days now but hopefully it will subside :-)
All the very best to you
Jannie x x

Jannie2948
04-01-11, 18:51
Just had a quick look at your profile, and we share the same birthday!! I'm just a few years older than you though!!!!
Jannie x x

Stav_98
04-01-11, 18:57
John,

Have you tried a heat sock? It's essentially a tube sock full of grain that you heat in the microwave for a few moments; when warm you can sling it over your shoulders. It's great for keep tension from setting in. I can't say I've had social phobia, but agoraphobia was a problem for me. It was the start of things getting better for me...helped so much.

johansaken
04-01-11, 19:25
thanks for all replies. I need it. Really do. I have this health cushion that i warm up and use, took meds to get to calm down some. Still its bad, but hopefully it will release me from its grasp.

And yeah breathing, do that too.
But its so horrible when you get multiple symptoms at the same time. i cant cope when its like 4-5 symptoms at a time. I just lose it.

elainey70
04-01-11, 19:43
Hi,

I know its hard, anxiety is horrible. I hope you start to feel better soon. Take care x

johansaken
05-01-11, 18:33
Thanks guys. you really saved me yesterday. feel better today. and yeah, anxiety is horrible. Much love to you all