PDA

View Full Version : Can you have the flu with no nasal symptoms?

MandySlade
04-01-11, 19:08
Sunday night my stomach was bothering me and I wound up throwing up a few times for bed, which is rare for me. Yesterday I woke up feeling kind of "blah" with a very dry cough and a sore throat. By last night I had a fever and severe chills and the cough had become productive. I've been pretty much bed ridden since, sleeping an hour here or there, or laying there with my eyes closed waiting for the ickyness to stop. My muscles ache, my exhaustion is extreme, and my fever has been 100-101 since about 7pm yesterday. I would say this is a flu, but I have -no- nasal symptoms. No stuffiness, no running, no sneezing. I'm just hacking up horrible stuff. My boyfriend (who is "done" with my health anxiety at this point) basically says its a virus and to chill out.. but I'm concerned it's something worse. I don't want to run to the doctor for antibiotics, as i just finished a round for an infected impacted wisdom tooth last week. What do you think? Cause for concern or just a virus? Have you ever had a flu without sneezing/runny nose?

Em.ma
04-01-11, 19:12
yes you can. i heard the common cold was more associated with nasal symptoms.

crazyhayz
04-01-11, 21:20
deffo flu!! i had it with no nasal symptoms (no cough either), and no chestiness or sore throat!! I was hot but severe chills, muscle pain all over, hurt to move my arms n legs, it was that bad!!! it went away fully after about 6 days/a week xxx

dreena
04-01-11, 21:21
iv had such a weird tummy the last couple of days, think its a gastro bug, also last night my whole body ached and could barely lift my arms, seriously climbing my stairs was like climbing a mountain. ive been sick today and a bit of a sore throat but no blocked nose. theres so many bugs flying around and everyone i speak to is ill. u realy dont need a stuffy nose to have the flu. more muscle aches, chill and fevers. hope this helps x and also hope u feel better soon.

MandySlade
04-01-11, 21:30
well, Im coughing up all sorts of colors.