PDA

View Full Version : palpitations and triggers

april tones
24-03-06, 21:17
sorry if too many posts on these but i find doing these helps me and others.
seems we all suffering from these and breathlesness
I have found chocolate makes them stronger and more noticble so have cut it out, i dont drink tea or coffee
what triggers yours apart from stress etc? xx
do you keep thinking about them alot, i do, i think im scared of havfing next one! x

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

jackie
24-03-06, 21:20
being afraid of having the next one is your biggest trigger. hard to overcome that trigger, if i find the answer i will share it

period time is another trigger and lack of nutricion is definite one for me. so if i feed the kids but forget about myself, i know they will come in time

jackie

april tones
24-03-06, 21:25
thanks for that jackie! i have been told that by partner but didnt believe! when i keep thinking of them they dont always come but do at night! had slight one earlier! like a clicking x
my period is torturing me! i am overdue by 3 days! im hoping thye will go after my period has come!
do you believe they will go one day or we stuck with them? x

jodie
24-03-06, 21:30
hi april

i am so pleased this makes you feel better i thought i was one of a few befor i found tthis site.

my triggers

1/ my period about a week befor and 3 days after
2/eating a big meal or to near bedtime
3/tired/not geting 8hrs sleep
thinking about them all the time

i do know how you feel i would like to say they go away after a bit but mine havent the thing is they are not harmfull and if you learn to deal with them they become less you will have times when they happen all the time and when you think they have gone just keep thinking that lots of people have them .

jodiex
ps is there a time when yours are worse i got some info from the british heart foundation they have a nurse who can have a chat with you .

april tones
24-03-06, 21:38
thanks jodie! its nice to chat!
i think i read a post on that! that did reassure me for a bit!
thats briilaint! do you just phone her then?
what do yours feel like? do you get the head rush? are yours mild or strong? xx

giddy
24-03-06, 21:50
Hi - my triggers are chocolate, alcohol, feeling stressed and lack of sleep. Keep up the posts, they're really helpful and reassuring to know your not alone and that others feel the same.
thanks
Helen

jodie
24-03-06, 21:52
well not sure about the head rush but my eptopics feel like eather a fluttering that comes up my chest just a second thing but can happen many times an hour or just like a realy horid bump in my chest it happens if i liedown on my left side the doc sead its cos your heart is nearer the suface more when i am relaxed which is why i sometimes think its not to do with anxiety but stress sets of adrenalin that can set them of and adrenalin stays a few hour after the stress, panic has gone .

as for the head rush i dont know whot it is i am geting at the min but you know when you have been running etc and you get that sort of puls feeling it can be in your legs face lips anywere realy i keep getting that i do have a bad cold it may be that it dose seem to happen when i am ill

you know if we were dogs i am sure they would put us down lol[Sigh...]

april tones
24-03-06, 21:55
i feel mine can be stress sometimes as well as anxiety!
i was on phone to my mom earlier saying about them! said havent had one but then did as i said it! it was more of a click
i just jumped then! i had wind which caused a pain in my side, i jumped as thought was a palp x

sal
24-03-06, 23:17
Alsort can bring them on hun. I never actually pin pointed anything directly apart from the fact that if i thought about things too much i went into one.

Thinking about you and here if you want to talk. You have done so well and you will do it again hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

april tones
25-03-06, 09:02
hi, my period has come now so lets hope i wont have any more!
i have been scared of the palps, i can handle other stuff.
but yesterday i had to mild flutters and i have now thought if thats all im getting now rather than the big thump i shouldnt be scared! saying that i will probably jinks myself now! x

Abbasec
03-10-07, 10:44
I find that if I have caffeine I will get the flutters. Also I believe it's been when my blood sugar has been lower than 4. So make sure that you eat regularly and try and cut right down on sugar and caffeine. It really does make a difference.

I think the first panic attack I had, 7 months ago now, was caused when I delayed my lunch and ate about 2 hours late. This was the first time I experienced the dizziness and feeling like I was going to die.

I hope these thoughts might help someone.

Abbasec

TracyL
04-10-07, 06:46
I find if i eat too quickly they come on or sometimes if i'm hungry they come on. Thing is I can be fine one minute, the next they start and sometimes go on for hours. Just as i think i know what starts them, something else can bring them on.

I got hooked on iced coffee and even though i try to stick to de-caffenated tea etc i still kept drinking the iced coffee and eating the chocolate. I have started cutting the coffee down but the chocolate part is hard.

Tracy

MistyBlue
04-10-07, 09:31
Low potassium makes them worse, so eat bananas. Loaded with potassium.

Mine stopped coming as soon as I stopped fearing them. I know they are harmless and I just thought oh another skipped beat, oh well. They used to petrify me so I can really understand how you feel. I survived an SVT which is a lot worse, so a few ectopic beats are peanuts now. :)

It's so hard to live with the stress that health anxiety and anxiety causes. It's no wonder our bodies react the way they do, and then we become so hypersensitive we feel everything. I hate it.

I may not worry about ectopic beats, but I sure do worry about other symptoms. It's a never, ending weary cycle.

Big hugs to you all. :hugs:

Oh edited to say that lying on your left side can make them worse. It used to for me. I just don't lie on my left side anymore, as I didn't like the discomfort.