PDA

View Full Version : Relationship anxiety.

noonoo
04-01-11, 21:23
I've been with my boyfriend now for a year and 3 months, and in August 2010 he moved back to Australia for good and i'm still living in the UK.

We talk on Skype every morning, and i'm supposed to be going to see him at the end of February for 3 weeks (not booked yet) but i've been having doubts that is he the one? Should I really waste £1000+ on a trip over there only for it not to work or see how it goes?

On New Years Eve on Friday I went to a party at a pub and there was quite a good looking lad there, and also works there. His dad and barman were trying to get him to dance with me for the first part of the evening but it seems he might have been a bit shy to. Michael Jackson came on and I danced to two songs by him with my dad, then this guy came up to the floor and danced. It was just me and him (my dad had gone to sit back down with my mum), as it was a seperate room from the pub itself. Nothing romantic or 'funny' happened but since then I just can't stop thinking about this guy.

I told my boyfriend what happened and he was fine and laughing with me about it, but I can't help feeling a bit guilty even though nothing really happened.

Me and my parents are going to the same pub on Sunday for the quiz. What to do if he just happens to be working?! Do I make friendly chat? Ask for his number?

Honestly, I feel like while my boyfriend is in Australia, i'm missing out on opportunities here. Even though that possibly isn't the last i've seen of the other guy.

My head is going crazy thinking about this and it's making me anxious and tired! Please help!

xxx

gaaron
04-01-11, 21:34
Noonoo, oh the anxiety of being young! Do what your heart says. You can go to the pub and see how 'it feels' and you can go to Australia if you want. The freedom to choose what we do can sometimes be overwhelming. Most of all enjoy, there will be loads of choices throughout your life to make. Take care x
ps I know it's not the answer to your question

Dizz
04-01-11, 22:25
Oooh Gaaron you make me wish that I was young again... !

Noonoo... I say just what Gaaron has said. Being young and 'in love'(ish) is hard at times with tough decisions to make along the way but with the choices being your own.

Enjoy it and do what feels right in your heart while you have no real commitments to tie you down or to pave your decisions in concrete along life's road.... until of course you do find that one spot that you would like cementing too forever x x

noonoo
05-01-11, 10:18
Thankyou for your replies. I just really want to make the right decision :( xxx

2-4-1
05-01-11, 11:27
Hi noonoo.

For what it's worth, in my experience, you'll know when you're with Mr Right & it'll be very difficult to be away from him for any period of time.

I see that your current boyfriend has moved back to Australia & you are still in the UK. I believe that if the relationship was going to last then you would be together now, be it living in Australia or in the UK.

I've had a couple of serious relationships & I'm now happily married with 2 lovely children. I hate being apart from my wife for one night, let alone being on the other side of the World to her. It sounds to me, though, you're coping very well not having your boyfriend around & you even mention that you feel you're missing out on opportunities, which make me feel that your current relationship is not meant to be.

My advice is, if you can, release yourself from your current relationship so you can explore other opportunities without having to feel guilty.

All the best whatever you decide to do.

noonoo
05-01-11, 22:04
I think I might have to end it with him. This other lad is still in my head today, I haven't even seen or spoken to him since Friday so it must mean something if I can still remember everything that happened :roflmao:

I've chatted to friends about it today and they all think the same. I think my decision is made xxx

gaaron
05-01-11, 22:09
All the best and enjoy. :D
Ps remember there's no shame in changing your mind if you ever in life need to x

James23
05-01-11, 23:18
I certainly wouldnt let my girlfriend go for someone id just met, but as 2-4-1 said if it was meant to be i think he'd still be here in the UK with you, or you'd of gone with him when he went.

noonoo
05-01-11, 23:26
It's not that i've 'met' someone else though. My boyfriend wants me to move to Australia as he's staying put and I don't want to live over there. Plus I just don't think we have anything in common anymore. On Skype we barely have conversation, it's more like hi...not been doing much....bye. talk to you tomorrow. I'm just getting bored now and thinking what's the point.