PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought I was winning...

Ambers
04-01-11, 22:22
First day back at work after 3 weeks off with flu. I am still not fully recovered so maybe my physical weakness allowed my panic to break through all my good work up till this point.

Still have cough - thought I may have asthma attack on train - thought maybe I would stop breathing.

Tummy still tender after indigestion & deyhydration - thought I needed to use the toilet (big no no for me on a train)

I know my brain was trying to changelled these thoughts but it was hard when I still feel rough.

Nervous on train, felt weak again and panic coming, did control it to a point but train stopped inbetween stops and well I was ready to flee. Do you think this is because I am still recovering? I have been doing so good till today and it makes me angry that I may have taken a leap backwards :mad:

ladybird64
04-01-11, 22:41
Did you make it in to work?

Even though you felt so rough?

If the answer is what I think it is then don't you even think for a minute you have taken a step back! :winks:

lizzie29
04-01-11, 22:48
I agree with ladybird! Feeling ill still would have given you a great "excuse" to not go to work, but you did!

I often find that if I'm feeling ill, my anxiety goes a bit worse - just one of those things I guess.

Ambers
04-01-11, 23:06
Yes I did make it into work - thanks guys, just worrying now that it will rollball into full-blown anxiety & PA but I didn't flee (just wanted to).

ditzygirl
05-01-11, 09:44
Oh sweetie, the feeling you are experiencing are because you are poorly not a step backwards.
Flu takes it out of you in a big way so don't expect too much too soon.

Hope you feel better soon and take good care of yourselfx

dhb
05-01-11, 11:02
Hi Ambers,

I have just finished reading your past posts from earlier on when you first joined nmp. I must congratulate you on some major achievements. Have a read back it could be really comforting and reassuring. I wish you all the very best. Well done today!

Daniela

If you are unsure how to access your past posts just click on your profile and then go to statistics and search posts.