PDA

View Full Version : Could I have blockages in my heart?

Mark801
05-01-11, 00:25
Hey guys.

I know I've been posting a lot but I can't really help myself. I was doing ok last night as I distracted myself by playing some video games.

But this morning I woke up in terror again. I woke up with my heart beating harder than ususal. Not racing but harder. I tried to ignore it but I just had a scary experience.

My mom asked be to go and get a bottle of water from the corner store and I did. When I got back I realized how breathless I was and my heart was racing but I didn't dare check how fast it was going. I also felt like I saw swaying even though I was standing still at the store. I tested my blood pressure like 5 times today and all readings were normal.

I've been having weird shooting chest pains all day that are under my left chest and under my left chest also feels a bit hollow.I also have heaviness in my upper chest, palps, and now my left arm feels heavy, and breathlessness.
I GOOGLED again and I saw something that sometimes an ECG's, bloodwork, xrays and a echo aren't enough.

I read something about an aniogram. But I had a physical back in like April and I have an appointment for another physical in two months. My cholesterol level is perfect so there's no way I could have bockages right? I'm terrified that I have angina but I'm only 20 years old.

When I'm at rest or even walking I feel like I'm swaying and walking wobbly. My legs are also feeling heavy. This is anxiety right? I've never smoked or drink in my life.

looking4answers
05-01-11, 00:38
Nobody can ever tell you are ok..not even in a hospital. With all you have gotten done its reasonable to say that for all practical reason or purposes.. you are in good health with no blockages.. It sure sounds like classic anxiety.. check out the pages here with the symptoms on the left hand side that describe different symptoms and compare to what you have. I have found on numerous occasions from the listings there ,I had exactly what was described ..Im not a doctor but if you have been checked out with the things you say and all checked out...then odds are is anxiety. Hope you feel better.. and really on blockages probably not.. Take care. Michael

Mark801
05-01-11, 00:54
Thanks Michael. Well I couldn't bear it anymore so I decided to take a half of my xanax. I had stopped drinking it for months now but I recently started again as I've been anxious.

Regardless, I know I'm an anxious person. I've always been... Even before I started having anxiety attacks. My anxiety all started when I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux which Is currently acting up. I'm literally belching every 5 minutes.

i KNOW that no one here are doctors but Im just so scared. I'm defintely in tuned with my heart and I can't help myself. I've read Claire Weekes dozens of times but sometimes it really is hard to believe this is anxiety.

I'm just terrified of blocker arteries and Im really scared of angina. But I've had loads of tests on my heart and a year hasn't passed yet so there's no way things could've changed so quick right?

looking4answers
05-01-11, 02:22
No not really.. people go forever without checkups.. and blockages are weird things.. Some cause you instant death others are well.. lingering .. I had a friend that I just spoke with that I have known for years..Has both of his arteries in his neck almost completely blocked.He didn't even know it. Im not sure I asked him what they were going to do about it.. so I don't know.. but well.. Blockages a lot of times finds ways to reroute in the body and others well.. they just blow up eventually.. I worry about them and think about its one of the things I cannot control..so what can you do..Im not sure of what you age is but if you are in your 20's or 30's I don't think there is much to worry about but then again now it seems if you are reading anything and if you are over 50 you are in trouble and going to die.. well nobody ever told my grandfather that and he never had any problems untill his heart attack at 96 , no prostate problems, no liver,kidney , urinary ,or lungs or anything just died mycardial infarction age 96 ..wonder who told him that after 90 you can die.. if they hadn't he would probably still be livin lol.. anyway just food for thought. Michael