PDA

View Full Version : My Crew

JavaJoy01
05-01-11, 03:57
Since this forum is about pets I thought I would tell you about my crew.

I love animals and I can't resist one (except bugs and spiders)..

I have 2 dogs (A Pom and a Chihuahua)
1 cat (Hand raised her from a kitten)
3 birds (1 Macaw, 1 yellow naped Amazon, 1 Quaker) and I am working on
bringing home a Goffin Cockatoo whom was abused badly.

We also have a reef tank which has the obvious (salt water) fish, a star fish, a lobster, some hermit crabs and snails. We also have a Mantis Shrimp in a different tank.

I will also feed stray animals and try to take them home (My husband learned that no means nothing to me..lol)

PokerFace
05-01-11, 07:33
You have a pet lobster?! ;o OMG and a chihuahua!!!! I always wanted a chihuahua, sooo jealous :D I wasn't quite sure what a mantis shrimp was so I youtubed it and LOL they seem..interesting? Ha. I can see why he/she has his/her own tank lool.

Aww, can't beleive someone would abuse an animal ;( sounds like it will be very loved when it gets to your house though! Wish I had a lot of pets like you, I only have 3 (very antisocial) cats lol xxx

blue moon
05-01-11, 07:58
Hi JavaJoy...
I would love to have a dog or 2 but i don't have fence.Where I live there are lots of bugs,spiders and snakes.We have plenty of rock lobsters on the coast here,my friends son goes spear fishing and we eat a lot of them,I don't think i would be able to have one as pet,I love eating them to much.
Petra xx:flowers:

JavaJoy01
09-01-11, 16:45
You have a pet lobster?! ;o OMG and a chihuahua!!!! I always wanted a chihuahua, sooo jealous :D I wasn't quite sure what a mantis shrimp was so I youtubed it and LOL they seem..interesting? Ha. I can see why he/she has his/her own tank lool.

Aww, can't believe someone would abuse an animal ;( sounds like it will be very loved when it gets to your house though! Wish I had a lot of pets like you, I only have 3 (very antisocial) cats lol xxx

Yeah we have a purple reef lobster.. Funny critter. One day my husband went to the local salt water supply store and texted me asking if he could get a lobster. I was in a meeting so I never saw it. After a few texts of, well, can I? I get a text saying "Silence is consent" and next thing I knew I had a pet lobster. We named him larry (After Larry the lobster in Spongebob) and he's rather nocturnal and hides in his Larry cave most of the time.. My husband was aching to get a Mantis Shrimp and I'm not sure why. One day he finally decided to buy one. The Mantis whom is named "Bugito" lives in the bedroom with some corals we had no room for in the display tank (we keep a 56 gallon reef and I'm obsessed with corals. I get more then I have the room for). Reef tanks is a hobby for my husband and I. Reef tanks are beautiful and allows you to have a small piece of ocean to watch and study, but they are a TON of work to maintain. It's very hard to maintain an environment exactly like what Mother Nature provides, takes lots of equipment and lighting.

The Chihuahua I had I found on the street. She was just a pup with no collar or tags. She was starving and had mange. Hubby and I spent a bit of money to cure her, but she's a happy dog dog and she's well loved.

Animals are a big part of life, my parents always let me have pets of all kinds. When I was 5 or so I even had chickens.

As for my birds, I have always loved Parrots. I was raised with birds but always wanted the big ones. It turned out my husband was into them to (Lucky for me). the local pet store takes in birds whom can no longer be cared for, or was abused and re home them. My Macaw came when they dropped the price of him to sell him so my husband and I got him at a huge discount. The Amazon was a re home that was a store pet. My husband loved her and would go and visit her all the time and I always told them when the time came to sell her, make sure to call me first. One day I got the phone call and that day I brought her home. The 3rd bird was already my husbands before I married him. The new one whom I hope to bring home in the near future was the abused one. Her prior owner got in with the wrong crowd and started to do drugs. Her and her friend/s from what I heard would get high and when the bird would scream they would bang on the cage badly to shut her up. The bird was finally removed from the home and handed over to my friends. The cage was in such bad shape from everything that they had to throw it out. I understand the bird was the love of her life until she started on the drugs.