PDA

View Full Version : What I call a "whoopsie-doo"

Hears The Water
05-01-11, 05:10
OK, I have these very scary things that I, for lack of a better term, call a "whoopsie-doo". I have them in varying degrees. They scare me so badly. So I just had one, and it lasted much longer than they normally do. I will try to describe it.

I will be just sitting here doing whatever and all of a sudden it feels like everything get just a little darker, and my head is heavier. My face gets hot and in the ones that last a minute or two I feel like I am having a little nystagmus. (flickering eyes because it feels like my eyes are drifting off to the left and i have to pull them back)

This last one lasted a couple of minutes and I deep breathed my way through it and it felt very much like a vertigo attack, except what little bit of rotation that was there was not like I normally get. (my old BPPV spins were like on a clock face, I don't remember if they were clockwise or counter-clockwise, and then the last BPPV attack in April was like I was falling backwards) This was more like the room was slightly rotating around me, like the orbit of a sattelite around a planet. But not too much movement. It was over in a few moments and then I had the after effects of the adrynaline to deal with which was sweating and a hot face as well as "jelly legs". I checked my blood pressure and it was 145/88, but I was seriously freaked out. Now, and hour later, it is back to my normal low readings of 121/73. I also checked my blood sugar (I am a newly diagnosed diabetic) and it was good, 135. I also, once I was calmer, went and checked to see if it was the classic vertigo for me and I layed down. No spins on my side or back. So I am hoping that I will be able to sleep tonight. I am exhausted.

I had a long one like this back in Oct. when I was driving my van, and I haven't driven since. That time too, I had the same symptoms, and it was over quickly. And I didn't spin when I went to bed that night. My friend thought it was high blood pressure since I was so very stressed out that day too.

These two long ones are the exception to the rule. I have had shorter, split second, "whoopsie-doos" for years now. Allthough I went a long period of time without them up until I had the big one in Oct. Most of those almost feel like me sensitive to movement. I tend to rock back and forth at times when I am sitting.

In any case, I would like to know if any of you recognize these symptoms. I have had BPPV in the past. I also think that I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivites and I was around a lot of chemical scents today. I also have migraines, when I am stressed, but they are mostly just the aura and then a moderate headache. I am also an old pro to health anxiety, and of cource I worry that these are all symptoms of a brain tumor. But I have no insurance so I can't really do much until Feb. when I get a student loan. I am open to any suggestions. Even if I just knew that I wasn't the only one doing these things. Or a name for what they are would be a help. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
God bless you and yours
Deb

LisaLisa
05-01-11, 10:46
Hiya Deb

Thats sounds horrible for you, well done for getting through it! Im sorry tthat you have been diagniosed diabetic, that must be difficukt for you too.

Are you ears okay? I had labaryntitis once and those attacks felt a lot like that . The loss of balance feeling was different each time it happened for me. The other symptoms that came with it like thumping heart, heat , preassure feeling in face I think was my body's reaction to thinking that i was lossing balance? It happened when i was driving twice and i was so scared and pulled over and then phoned the NHS 24 line and got soooooo frustrated with them asking me idiotic questions that I calmed right down and almost forgot to be scared lol!!

I think that If i were you i would go see the dr and let them know whats happening. Because you are diabetic there is a very very strong possibliliy that they are going to give you a quick answer and a solution thats nothing major! Diabetes does causes strange things sometimes.

I hope you feel better soon because life should be fun not stressfull like this!

Lisa
xxxxxx