PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding between periods - cancer of uterus - HELP!

PIGGY59
05-01-11, 13:59
Hi all (again)

i've just begun to bleed 10 days since my last one and i'm now so scared that i have cancer of the womb.

I'm 42 and my periods have always been regular but i just went for a wee and noticed i was bleeding again and i'm now totally freaked out !

I know stress can cause this and i am stressed out all the time anyway, so why has this happened now?

I've got typical period pain too. but when i rang the docs, the receptionist asked if i had any pain i said i get ibs pain down there, and she's made me even more scared.

can anybody please help? xxx

paula lynne
05-01-11, 14:01
Hi Piggy, have you started taking any meds, or recently stopped?
Stress does play havoc with us ladies hormones and can send our cycle haywire.
Also, asking your gp for a FHS test can determine whether you are starting the menopause. x

PIGGY59
05-01-11, 14:05
thanks for the quick reply!

only diclofenac which i just stopped yesterday (taken for about 2 weeks but they gave me poorly tummy and runs).

got an appointment tomorrow but of course cancer is all i can think about.

paula lynne
05-01-11, 14:18
Take a mid-stream urine sample first thing in the morning, in a clean jar. Ask your gp for a dipstick test, and discuss the symptoms you are having, your gp may want to do further invesstigations. Im sure you will be fine, let us know how you get on at the gps. x TC x

bronte
05-01-11, 14:41
i started to bleed out of the blue around 10 th 11 days after my period never done it before really freaked me out had tests i insisted dr tried to reasure me it was nothing i wouldnt listen so i went through loads of invasive test and she was right thank god just hormonal im always stressed so why it should have happened then i dont know and it happened for 4 month x

macc noodle
05-01-11, 15:18
Piggy59 - sorry you are so worried about the bleeding and glad you have got a doc's appointment - I am sure they can put your mind at rest.

Why did the receptionist worry you so much when she asked if you had pain down there? Listen hun, if you are perimenopausal (which a FSH test will evaluate) you do get irregular periods and they are just as painful as regular ones - so try not to worry too much.

Is it the 10th day after the finish of your last period or from the start of your last period? The doc. will no doubt ask this plus the make up of the bleeding - sorry to sound graphic but I have been in a similar position and know what they will ask!

Anyway, take a deep breath and go see the doc and I am sure that it will either be stress related or an age thing.

Take care

:)

missy76
05-01-11, 15:23
this happens to me almost every month. i was told that bleeding can occur during ovulation and only last for 2 or 3 days. now i count the days and can tell when its gonna happen.
i had thoughts of all kinds of cancer, and i even had thoughts of me bleeding to death......oh the overactive mind lol.
hope this helps and you feel better soon.

Lizzyg
05-01-11, 15:33
Hi
This happens to me all the time since I came off the pill 5 years ago. I am 40 so a similar age.
I have had a number of tests with gyno's and it is just hormones.
I usually had aa small bleed around day 10 to 14 during ovulation and then off and on right up until my period.
Like you I was thinking all sorts but apparantly its quite common. For me this is the normal pattern for my body.
5 years on still here with nothing wrong!
Go and get checked out to rule out any nasties and give you peace of mind.
Good luck !!

PIGGY59
06-01-11, 14:02
been to docs and he said stress and meds can upset it but have to wait for 3 'dodgy' periods before he can refer me!

he wasn't concerned. i suppose the fact that it is a proper period and not spotting is good news though? xx

Rachel W
07-01-11, 03:37
I have just had the same thing happen. My cycles have been on my mind a lot lately as I am 40 but still want children (I am trying to convince my partner of 11 years that we can't mess around with this). I have been more regular this year than ever so hopefully that is a good sign (around 32 days).

The only time my cycle was off, and shorter (first time ever), was when I was going on holiday and had actually thought to myself 'oh good, I can't have my period then as there is no way I will go 7 weeks, and then I get a period on day 24. It was literally as though my body did it on purpose.

Since then (lasy April) I have been fine, except I was studying in the UK and staying with my parents and returned to the US in November. I was worried that my body was going to do the same as it did in April as I did not want my period to be on while flying. I was quite stressed about this, and low and behold I start heavy spotting right after the flight. It went on for a week and then I started my regular period at about day 35. It was a normal period. My last cycle was normal at about 32 days again and the period was normal. About 4 days after I stopped this period though I had a little bit of pink after working out, the next day was just a brownish twinge. I have been quite sedentary with studying but have worked out before recently without spotting and I only walked 2.5 miles, jogging for a minute. After it went away, I thought maybe it was just a bit of leftover period, but two days ago I worked out again and spotted a little (8 days after period), but yesterday pretty much nothing. Then I had a health anxiety about my vision last night and got really panicked. When I went to the bathroom at about 1pm I had a small amount of blood in mucus (not just pink), but then went and walked 2.5 miles and had bled some more.

I am a stressed person due to OCD and have stressed about my health for the past 2.5 years (a few different things). Stress is therefore quite constant for me, but since I got back I would say my emotional state has been a little more fragile due to turning 40 on top of my health worries. Is it possible that stress could be the culprit. No one in my family has gone through menopause before 50 and my maternal grandmother had her children at 39 and 41, and my cousin had her first child at 42.

I am worried about a few things. As I was out of the country for a while, I haven't had a pap for 5 years. They have always been normal in the past though and I did do a self exam to feel for anything, and the surface felt normal. I am also worried that all the stress has caused me to have cancer, of either cervix or uterus. However, my periods have been normal themselves, and this is the first cycle I have had very light spotting, except for the previous prior to my period. I know that ovulation can cause spotting so is it possible that stress, but also ovulation spotting could be to blame. I have had this before but it was also one day of pink and that was all.
20 years ago I had spotting and no real period for 4 months due to stress, so it is possible that stress could suddenly cause this even if I feel that I am always stressed?

I don't have health insurance right now but am going to buy some.
Do you think I should be worrying so much after only a week of on and off spotting?
My pelvic area sometimes feels very slightly crampy, but has done for a while. This only started after I read about PID and started worrying about this about 4 months ago, but my pelvis isn't sensitive, just achy, but I sit a lot and my back gets sore and it also sometimes happens a few hours before using the bathroom. Could it just be radiating pain? I only have real cramps during day 2 and 3 of period, the other is extremely slight.

I hope that I am not taking over this thread, but it is so similar to my issue so thought that I would state it here.

Thank you and I hope you are feeling better Piggy59.

Rachel

Rachel W
08-01-11, 22:00
I just wanted to update, but since I wrote this I haven't had any more spotting. Is this a good sign? Could it be ovulation spotting after all or stress?