PDA

View Full Version : really beginning to panic

daisycake
05-01-11, 15:40
OK went to my gran's this morning; on walking up I felt fine; as soon as I sat in her house I was dizzy. Walked up the road about half an hour ago; on sitting down at my house was very dizzy; weak; sore neck and chest; numb patches in face; heart pounding, felt like I couldn't breathe and convinced myself it's bad. have dragged myself upstairs and sitting down but still feel funny. Mum says if it were bad I'd be sweating and pale and unable to talk but I'm really scared. Surely 4 ecgs cant be wrong?

KK77
05-01-11, 15:47
Sounds like panic/anxiety Daisy. The thing is the minute you start fretting that it's something serious, it gets worse - it's a vicious cycle - so please try to tell yourself that these sorts of symptoms are very common with anxiety attacks, even if it feels as though they come from nowhere.

AllInMyHead
05-01-11, 16:18
I second Melancholia77.

Once you start to panic you start to breathe a bit funny (even if you don't notice it), and that causes the oxygen levels in your blood to get a bit high (which is normal and not in any way dangerous), and that leads to all the symptoms in your post, and that makes you panic more and that makes it worse.

The best thing to do is take controlled, deep breathes, and try to keep calm. Then try to do something to take your mind off it. I know from personal experience this is easier said than done, but it works for me.

s11fyx
05-01-11, 16:25
it def sounds like a panic attack hun just relax and lie down and breath

im sat here panicing as i have a sore pain in between my bust the docotr said its muscle and i get it the same time evrymonth but im really panicing to and my mum says the same hope your ok x

daisycake
05-01-11, 17:57
Thanks :) feeling a bit better now; played a few games on here and eventually felt better :) seeing my GP on mon so will maybe mention but duno lol.. Thanks though xxx

daisycake
06-01-11, 00:02
Eek, just ran upstairs - ended up with loads of ectopics, floor moving beneath me and chest sore in the centre yet again - burped/hiccuped a second ago which relieved chest pain but I am sooo fed up with this; even left hand starting to go a bit numb/tingly now which I know is all anxiety but aaah.. so tired lol!

gaaron
06-01-11, 00:04
:hugs:x