PDA

View Full Version : coming off dhydrocodine

jaybt
05-01-11, 16:09
I hate taking dhydrocodine i was prescribed it about 3 yrs ago for chronic pain and didnt know how addicted it was i now just take the tabs to keep withdrawal symptoms away i take between 8-10 a day i would appriciate any help coming off them my doc says to just cut them down slowly which i have tried but i feel too ill when i do
________
HotStella (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/HotStella/)

suzy-sue
05-01-11, 17:53
These give you opiate addiction .They are hard to come off and it will take time .You must try to cut down very gradually ie ..by half a tab to start with per day .See how you feel in a few days .Then if you feel ok reduce again by half a tablet .Stick to the same dose as you cut down as increasing will give you a yoyo effect and it will be impossible to cut down .Theres no easy way to do this and you will have to put up with side effects .I have heard of people being put on Methadone in substitue of this drug .But this is only swopping one addiction for another .Methadone is harder to come off .So isnt advisable .But is given because its not as damaging to the body ..Good luck ..you can do it .One day at a time eh ? luv Sue x

deepreason
18-03-11, 16:27
One thing that might be worth investigating is Clonidine. My pdoc talked about putting me on it at one point to help with anxiety so being the nosy so and so I am I went and read loads about it and one thing I'm sure I read is that it is also often used to help make opiate withdrawal easier.