PDA

View Full Version : feeling anxious

sarah_85
05-01-11, 18:27
hi, just need to vent really. have been off work sick this week as i've had horrible cold virus thing. have started to feel a bit better but am just so anxious. thought maybe i was getting cabin fever so went for a long walk around town, where we live with my partner and felt a bit better. just got in and had dinner and i just feel like i'm going stir crazy. think im finding it a bit difficult now that the festive season is over (i am a christmas fanatic) and we took the tree down today as well. january just feels bleak to me. annoying things is im now not back in work til next friday night and i can just see days stretching out in front of me. the only thing i can think of to do is the gym and possibly a bit of work at home. this couples with feeling under the weather is just making me very anxious. i also live quite far away from my family and am really missing them. loved christmas as i got to go home to my Mum's for a week. I just feel like a bit of a hopeless case really. think i need to throw myself into my work and try and focus on that.
thanks for listening/reading anyone who does. sorry i know this is a bit of a self centered rant but i feel a bit better for it. xxx

mr badger
05-01-11, 19:52
It's the old January blues.

The only thing I've found that's reliable is a week in Lanzarote but I'm totally skint so that's out.

As soon as I see some in the shops, whatever price they are, I'm having a bunch of daffodils - always puts me in a better mood.