PDA

View Full Version : I feel stupid but...

Em.ma
05-01-11, 20:54
i was washing my hair and didnt realise i had used to much shampoo and i went to rinse it out but had my mouth open and a large amount when in my mouth and i cud taste it straight away. i went to look at my tounge and its all white and flaky now :unsure: and my throat feels irritated. so scared its going to close up lol:blush:

daisycake
05-01-11, 21:02
No it wont :) I ate a load of soap (which is basically what shampoo is) once.. also consumed an entire box of candles as a toddler.. they dont do any harm except in massive doses. And even then would probably only make you a bit sick! Have learnt that through 3 years of panicing every time I used cleaning fluids, medicines, mouth wash, etc - its the one thing I dont worry about any more :D you will be fine!

Just go have a large glass of water if your mouth feels a bit dry! x

Em.ma
05-01-11, 21:02
i know kids must swallow it all the time haha but idk at 1st it felt like inside my mouth was bleeding and it still kinda does

Em.ma
05-01-11, 21:03
i also panic when touching subtsances now. have to rinse my hand after using everything lol x thanks.

daisycake
05-01-11, 21:04
Have you read the stuff on here about health anxiety by the way? Might help you a bit.. search self help for anxiety too and you can get some free self help downloads - might help you a bit until you see the counsellor as you must be exhausted with all this worrying! x

daisycake
05-01-11, 21:08
Yeah I went through that too at about your age (I'm 19) but realised the only biggies to worry about are the things you'll likely never use - e.g. weedkiller, anti-freeze etc, sciency chemicals (I hated doing experiments at school!). Even then you just wear gloves and you'll be fine :yesyes: .. Theres a useful NHS poster of the things you neednt worry about - will try and find it for you x

Edit - Here it is http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947407604

Hopefully that will reassure you x

scaredstiff695
05-01-11, 21:12
i dont have much experince but whenever i get anxious about thungs like that my fam and friends say to me.. there isnt enough in a bottle to harm you maybe make you feel sicky but thats it xxx

Lissy43
05-01-11, 21:29
You'll be fine, just drink alot of water, and keep your mouth closed in future;-)

Em.ma
05-01-11, 21:57
thank you so much for the replies. :)
i havnt read the stuff about ha on here but my GP gave me a Huge booklet on it from the NHS which ive read:) i hate worrying about little things like this. thank you x

ZMan
05-01-11, 23:14
Have learnt that through 3 years of panicing every time I used cleaning fluids, medicines, mouth wash, etc - its the one thing I dont worry about any more :D you will be fine!

Just go have a large glass of water if your mouth feels a bit dry! x

I do this a fair bit, I'm 19 years old as well.

I worry that shampoo will go in my mouth and nose, or that the soap I used when washing my hands before eating will transfer onto my food etc.

HarrogateChris
05-01-11, 23:18
Edit - Here it is http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947407604

I loved the "May produce foam" advisory for bubble liquid when swallowed in sufficient quantities. I have a marvellous mental image of a rather sheepish looking foamy four year old :roflmao:

Chris