PDA

View Full Version : viral infecton

scaredstiff695
05-01-11, 21:09
hi

im sorry if this post is a bit strange hoping someone out there can help me im at breakng point to be honest.

I have hea,lth anxiety and started cbt had two sessions and then chrstmas came along and been left three weeks :(

I was on recover untlll last week when i came down with na bt of a flu to start wth i was doing ok the i got tired (dont like that feeling) and weak and a bad cough. I started gettng anxious and not sleepng untill 4 in morning. Last thursday i had a massive panic attack which ended up a ambulance being calle ths has scared mne so much. I can never settle down im constantly on te phone to out of hour docs wanting reauusarance. im panicking every night nbot sleeping till 4 an then thats after ve panicked and had reassauabnce.

I have a bad cough wehich has made my chest sore and when i breathe its made me bretahless very achy and anxious and headaches and tired. I cant take much more i dont no what to do.
the doctor says once i get over my viral infection m,y anxety should lessen,.
i am seeing my physicatric nurse tmoz and cbt on fri but i need advice.

can i die from a bloody viral infection how ridiculous of a wuestion but very real to me.
does anyone else suffer the dsame way?

celia davies
05-01-11, 21:34
na u cant that i know of with time it heals itsself but antibiotics help it along an clear up faster an make the symptoms go away im sure u will b fine im the same always worrying x

scaredstiff695
05-01-11, 21:43
sorry hun i ddnt mean t literally i mean how stupd of me to ask myself ths question all the time xxx doc says ts not on my chest so dont need antbotics

paula lynne
05-01-11, 23:40
Try hot showers to loosen any phlegm/tightness, steam inhalation is good. Id recommend Covonia chesty cough too/ You will be ok very soon x

scaredstiff695
06-01-11, 00:41
hi thanks just trying not to cough. lol just starting to think negativley was on the road to recovery got this dam bug and got all anxious agan

Jamie C
06-01-11, 02:41
hi

seems alot of people had this virus infection, its a very stubbon virus this, it doesnt want to move along quickly lol, i've had it for 5 weeks, been told some have had it 8weeks - 2 months, seeing my dr tomorrow tho cos its been making me very anxious etc

cheers jamie c

scaredstiff695
08-01-11, 23:26
hi jame c

my doc told me when i went to get my chest checked that health anxiety suffers can get increased anxiety when they get the flu etc its pants though.
ive had t for two weeks now but fnding ways to lessen the symptoms so ts helping bit by bit x hope you feel better soon

madeuprolemodel
09-01-11, 13:35
i am exactly the same! well the same with the breathing i had a terrible panic attack last night and couldnt catch my breathe and i think this is all down to me catching the swine! i am having troubl breathing and it is upsetting me so much i cant catch my breathe even today i am having the same thing... of course i think i have pneumonia and i am going to die:( i was going to go to a&e last night but my partner told me i am i would be putting myself in more danger if i go

scaredstiff695
09-01-11, 20:00
it is so hard we just need to relax easier said than done. i had such a bad panic attack the worst ive had in years on the 29th dec and it shook nme soo bad i was the same from coughing etyc i couldnt breathe properly then panicked and made it all worse x

hanlo
09-01-11, 20:24
i am exactly the sae i too hate the tired feeling coz i always think why am i tired (like its not normal) but i had a cold an dgot really anxchious, eny illness and i get anxcious,i really hate the panik attacks i hope this can get sorted i need CBT hopefully soon xx