PDA

View Full Version : Calming techniques needed...

JustKeepBreathing
05-01-11, 22:52
Hi I just joined.
My latest panic attack meant me leaving my drama class in a wheelchair and I am really desperate for a technique I can use to calm me down. Because I love using sign language I used to sign a song that but its getting so bad that Im paralysed.so its not working. Maybe this would.be a good post to share calming techniques?

paula lynne
05-01-11, 23:17
Hi, welcome aboard. Do you use a wheelchair for panic and anxiety or do you have other medical problems?

I use lavender a lot. Use it when you feel calm, rub 2 drops between your palms until your palms get warm, and inhale. You must only do this when you are calm. Whilst breathing....repeat out loud or in your head.."I am loved...I am safe..." or any other statement that makes you feel safe. Repeat everyday for 10 minutes.

Next time you feel anxious, do this, Your brain will have made the association with the smell and feelings of calm......its powerful and works. I also re=breathe using a paper bag, this helps address the carbon dioxide/oxygen imbalance that happens during panic. x

JustKeepBreathing
06-01-11, 08:06
Hi Thanks for the tips Im definatly going to try them out.
Sorry it wasnt very clear reading it back I was in a wheelchair because I lost sensation in my whole body which was so scary because I was paralysed for about ten minutes.