PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I can't go out

girl92
06-01-11, 00:25
I had really bad anxiety about a year ago, and my doctor put my on tablets and I managed to work thorough it...at one point I couldent even get on the bus or go into a shop without shaking and feeling terrified. But after a while I began to control how I was feeling. But recently iv been getting back into my old ways, the though of going to college is making me feel physically sick and my stomach is doing flips everytime I go out. I'm 18 and all my friends expect me to be going to clubs and partys but I just want to stay in my room where I know I'm safe. It sounds stupid but everything is making me feel scared!

JONBOY
06-01-11, 00:33
this is just how i feel to,i was up most of the night dreading going back to work after the xmas holidays :weep:

IsolatedMoon
06-01-11, 00:56
I understand exactly what you're going through! I'm pretty much the same, I'm only 19 and sick of being scared to do anything! Few months ago I was terrified to even open my front door but now I'm able to go out a bit just as long as there aren't many people around!

ChrisK
06-01-11, 01:08
Hello, the purpose why anxiety medications exist is to provide you a temporary comfort space for you to gain a broader perspective on your anxiety to solve it. Unfortunately, people often end up with a craving dependency on them. To get my point crossed, anxiety isn't a medical illness. It has an underlying cause that must be dealt with and conventional medicine merely imbues a symptomatic assuagement. Here's what you should know :

1) Work with a therapist for your anxiety, the problem is *psychological*

2) Adrenaline is the chemical component that fuels your anxiety, if you consider making a routine of exercise for at least 30 minutes per day, your body as well as your mind would get used to the adrenaline.

3) Anxiety cannot kill you. Don't sweat over this problem no matter how uncomfortable it gets.

4) Browse this site, as well as the internet and the library, for more knowledge about anxiety. The more you increase your knowledge about anxiety, the more predictable your experiences will be, and the more control you will gain over them.

girl92
06-01-11, 01:27
Thanks for the comments it's comforting to know that other people are going through the same thing because sometimes I feel really cut off from the rest of the world! And I can't really talk to family or friends about it because I feel really embarrassed

scaredstiff695
06-01-11, 01:32
i have health anxiety but can relate cos i too get scared of going ut at times but i still go cos not going makes me feel down xx i will say you nee to tsalk to your friends and family cos it will ease the strain you are feeling my fam are useless at my anxiety but ive fgot a really good friend who is amazing help an a coupe more who i never knew ha anxiety untill opened up and they did too. my husband isnt the greatest help but hes trying xx

good luck hunn but you will get better keep smling

One
06-01-11, 13:23
Hey :)

I know exactly how you feel, I'm a 20 year old guy and the thought of going clubbing (not something I've ever massively enjoyed) is something I dread most o the time to be honest, alhtough I did it a lot when I was 18 before my anxiety started.

Anyway, you're not alone :hugs:and feel free to drop me a pm or something if you need a chat sometime :) x

tomf
16-01-11, 03:10
I feel just the same, I'm getting better though so I thought I'd share some of the things that are helping me.
I do yoga a few times a week, I try and do it daily but time isn't always that easy. There are some great poses for yoga for
Anxiety that really help calm you down, but a full normal yoga session is always good too.
I'm seeing a counsellor once every two weeks. We do EFT where she taps like a heartbeat rhythm while I think of past anxiety experiences. It's supposed to 'un block' your mind, meaning if there's something in your mind that's causing this anxiety then it might surface and let the brain process it, kind of like acknowleging it and letting it go. I've found it quite good to be honest, there hasn't been any defining moments in our sessions where we've pin pointed the root cause, but it's enabled me to focus and think of traumatic times and to let the brain release itself of stuff.
I also think exercise is a great thing. As said before, it creates adrenaline and can really help with getting your body used to these feelings. I've started doing just 20mins every day or 2. I always feel so alive and outward going after I've exercised.

I hope some of that may help. For me it's things like going out to pubs, clubs and family gatherings where I feel anxious. I always make up excuses and put them off, but I'm trying one step at a time to go out to these kind of situations more and more.

pigtailplaits
24-01-11, 22:55
It seems like when we are born ,we have no limits or boundaries, but as we get older there are events and situations in our lives that put a circle arond us (comfort zone) if this circle is tryed and the perimeter is again and again breeched (pushing the limit/boundaries) then life becomes easier to live as you have a sense of achievement within u. However if the circle (comfort zone) u have is not expanded and u just stick to wot u think is yor limit/boundaries/perimeter then i think that your mind starts to look for other things it can get nervous and panic about and this circle begind to get even smaller