PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia sufferer!

LauraCow
06-01-11, 00:39
Hi.

I'm 18 and I have been suffering from emetophobia for years now. I got referred to a cognitive behaviour therapist after I went to the doctors continuously because of gettings shakes and panic attacks and due to getting to the point of eating a breakfast snack a day. As I went through CBT I got better until my boyfriend got sick and at that point I finished CBT and my father bought me hypnotherapy, it worked, but only until I saw someone vomit at work when I knew there was a bug going around. Since November I have been worse than ever. I easily go through one of the hand sanitiser bottles every couple of days (or a 9 hour shift at work along with washing my hands every 15 mintues). I also get the usual; don't eat chicken, dont eat in restaurants, don't drink, check dates on packets, always have chewing gum on me, don't like travelling unless it is me who is driving and the worst for me not going to as many gigs. A few years ago I loved chicken always eat in any restaurant, loved travelling on the train and went to around 30 gigs a year. I've gone through depression, anxiety attacks, everything.

Sorry to rattle on!

diane07
06-01-11, 00:44
Hi LauraCow

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes