PDA

View Full Version : Bipolar, Dissociative Amnesia, Panic

Little-Girl-Lost
06-01-11, 01:57
Hi there!

My name is Emma. I currently suffer from bipolar disorder (unmedicated atm but am in process of being medicated) and panic disorder. I also have ADHD and a couple unknown health problems. Over the past 7 or 8 months I experienced a phenomenon called Dissociative Amnesia.

I am twenty-two year old university student who is not doing so well and because of that finding it hard to function in a world that is moving too fast for me. The world doesn't seem to wait for you!

I'm just looking for some people like me, that I can gain support and/or contact with, and that I can, in return, give my support to.

I am glad to be here.

Sincerely,

Little-Girl-Lost
Emma.

diane07
06-01-11, 02:00
Hi Little-Girl-Lost

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Little-Girl-Lost
06-01-11, 02:02
Thank-you for the welcome, Diane! :).

ChrisK
06-01-11, 02:13
:welcome: Emma. Welcome to NMP, what are you doing to cope with your panic disorder ?

Little-Girl-Lost
06-01-11, 02:17
Chris, Thank-you for the welcome. When I was younger I tried therapy in Mental Health in Canada, coupled with numerous types of medication (i've been on so many it's hard to even list them!)... then for years I decided to quit therapy and medication.. and then in the past few years I've been off and on medication with no therapy due to waiting lists and no coverage for more than a few sessions.. which is simply a tease...

I just got off of paxil, ativan, zopiclone... and am still currently on dex. They did put me on welbutrin to "make my paxil work better"... but it made me severely manic.

ChrisK
06-01-11, 02:28
Have you tried changing your lifestyle ? Exercise, meditation, long walks, self-help books ? If not, may I suggest you to ?

Little-Girl-Lost
06-01-11, 02:33
Yeah, I exercise regularly, but I also get chronic pneumonia so it interrupts that sometimes and that is often when I start getting more panic and way more frequently. I also practice Buddhist Meditation in a course I take... I don't read too much self-help books... I sometimes feel like I've tried almost everything. I went through a period where it was relatively OK, but the past year has been progressively getting worse.

ChrisK
06-01-11, 03:22
I found this article, I hope it helps : http://www.naturalnews.com/028452_anxiety_panic_attacks.html

Little-Girl-Lost
06-01-11, 12:41
Thanks, Chris :)