PDA

View Full Version : Having Major Trouble Sleeping...

blondeangel
25-03-06, 07:38
hi everyone...
Since I have been on my meds again I have been having some difficulty sleeping. It is now 2:30 am and I usually go to bed by 12am. Well..I have been hooked on a certain video game...which I always find keep me up...but I think I am also building a tolerance to my clonazapam...plus I am on Effexoe (only like 35 mkl..the lowest they could go), but I hae torn and ripped certain tendons in my ankle and foot (been like that for a month), and I have had to take Ibuprofin (Advil) for the pain and it is an anti-inflammatory...and even though I shouldn't,. I am also taking a stronger pain killer once in a while that I will only say is considered a narcotic..its a bit stronger than tylenol 3's...but it really helps with the pain, and the docrot would not prescribe anything for the pain, and he said it should take around 6 weeks for it to heal. So I can't work...which REALLY sucks, and my boyfriend just left to go up north to work in the oil refineries up north near alaska...but they pay wicked good...like 10,000 canadian a month!!!!! But I am really sad he is gone...my teachers are on strike so I have no school, I can't work at either of my jobs because of my foot...I am supposed to stay off it...I think I am feeling a lot of anxiety. I think in the past 4 hours I have taken like 6 mgs of clonazapam..usually I need one....and I feel very overwhelmed...and bored and anxious.
My doctor did prescribe me I think it is called Triazadol or something...andyway it is an non habit forming sleep aide...I just need to go get it. By the way because of my foot, I limp a bit too...erg....feels really embarrassing...I am 29, tall and blonde with a friggin limp. I feel like everyone is staring at me. Anyways...I just think I needed to vent, I I think I need to limit my videogame playing.
Does anyone else here have sleep problems and why? Is it because of medication, anxiety? Just curious.

weepinky
25-03-06, 13:10
hi there

Perhaps you could be use this time to be studing/researching while your school is closed? this could help keep your mind busy in a healthier way.

Also videogames are very stimulating, perhaps you could keep these for day time and perhaps read, take a bath - have milky drinks etc in the evening, this would help you 'unwind' from the day.

Hope your foot is better soon xxx

Take Care

Love :DPinky:D

andrew
26-03-06, 03:31
hi blondeangel,

i rarely let myself play video games, i think they definately jump my brain into an OCD state of mind.

maybe your restless because your just not that busy at the moment, with your foot and teachers strikes. also a change of routine sometimes makes us more anxious, just not having that usual structure in your day.

anyway hope your foots getting better, you take care .. andrew

Keitharcher
26-03-06, 19:22
Hi Blondeangel

You sound a little like I used to be (without the injury). my sleep patterns were about two hours eyes closed three hours walking around the house. It also seems like you are in a bit of an emotional upheaveal. What worked for me was reducing the pills, I know it seems strange but i stopped taking most pills. A little bit of diapragmatic breathing, relaxation cd's and a positive attitude. It worked to such an extent that i do not have any symptomas at all now. Anyhow hope things look up for you soon

Keith

Meg
26-03-06, 19:26
Its not really any surprise then is it that you are not sleeping..

No routine, overstimulation , pain , no exercise and several meds plus being lonely

Maybe you need to address some of these that you can to help give you back some rest

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

blondeangel
27-03-06, 06:50
thanks for the replies everyone.
I have decided to limit my vidieogames...but it is hard becasue some are so addicitvie to play...right now I am hooked on spongebob squarepants the movie...videogame...yes......really...I am...I am not kidding. Yes I am an adult spongebob fan. I also think I like the game beccause it is very colourful and I almost feel like I am in the cartoon..kind of like it takes me away...it is a really fun game. Anyways...the teacher strike in finally over..I go back in two days, and I am starting to miss my boyfriend. So, I know I can't go nuts and play videogames past midnight, when I need to get up the next day.
Also, I think that videogames stimulate a part of the brain that keeps you up...it might be worth investigating.
AS for my foot ...it still hurts, and as long as I can't physically moce my ankle, I will walk a bit with a limp. It sucks, because I seem to think of the pain more at night...because it is not like it is really unbearable...it is constant..it does not seem to stop. I had some of my boyfriends painkillers, which really helped but my doctor won't prescribe them because he says it just masks the pain...I am taking Ibuprofin (what is in advil, for those who don't know..it is the cheaper generic brand. Ibuprofin had an an anti-inflmmatory that is supposed to help. But I say MASK THE FRIKKIN PAIN...AT LEAST FOR WHEN I NEED TO SLEEP! ARgh...doctors. I have no more left, and I am exhausted from an assignment from hell....I mean school.
Anyways...thanks for the replies...meg you are totally right. I do have a lot of my plate right now.
Now, I am going ot cozy into bed, read and hopefully go to bed soon.