PDA

View Full Version : Back again

RedMozzy
06-01-11, 02:10
Hi all,

I have been a member of this site since 2005 as I was suffering bad with health anxiety.

I had been clear for a few years but it has come back to haunt me big time since Christmas and since then, I am having waves of anxiety, always health worries. I have an appointment with the doctors on Friday (couldn't get a quick appointment because of all the flu going round I guess) and will hopefully go back on the meds.

Currently functioning OK while at work (because my mind is busy with work stuff) but in the evenings and at night, the anxiety attacks take over, making it very hard to sleep at night and making me very tired during the day.
I've got a bit of a cough and weezey chest so of course I'm getting worked up about the nasty "C" word and although it's probably just the usual stuff that's going round at the moment, health anx takes no prisoners.

I am posting here because I have not been on for so long, a lot of people here now would not know me.

diane07
06-01-11, 02:14
Hi RedMozzy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
06-01-11, 14:03
Welcome back :)

Paige xx

anx mum
06-01-11, 14:08
Hi all,

I have been a member of this site since 2005 as I was suffering bad with health anxiety.

I had been clear for a few years but it has come back to haunt me big time since Christmas and since then, I am having waves of anxiety, always health worries. I have an appointment with the doctors on Friday (couldn't get a quick appointment because of all the flu going round I guess) and will hopefully go back on the meds.

Currently functioning OK while at work (because my mind is busy with work stuff) but in the evenings and at night, the anxiety attacks take over, making it very hard to sleep at night and making me very tired during the day.
I've got a bit of a cough and weezey chest so of course I'm getting worked up about the nasty "C" word and although it's probably just the usual stuff that's going round at the moment, health anx takes no prisoners.

I am posting here because I have not been on for so long, a lot of people here now would not know me.

Hello hun i am a returning too. Had anxiety for many years but think its come bk recently had a little girl and i feel so low in myself. 2 days ago had what felt like a panic attack felt my heart going fast and couldnt breath its horrible im bk on meds. Do u think yours has come bk due to a reason?

chatterbox
06-01-11, 20:51
hi Redmozzy
im a new member and i understand the way your feeling as i can get very anxious over health issues.and always think the worse,it does help to read others feel simalar to me and im not alone.i didnt realise so many people in the country are feeling the same way at times.it does help when ou have a good gp who can reasure your anxiety.At least when you are at work .it helps to focus on other things Holly

paula lynne
06-01-11, 23:32
Welcome back to the forum, I hope you feel better soon x:welcome:

nomorepanic
06-01-11, 23:42
Welcome back and lovely to talk to you the other day

butterfly1
11-03-11, 23:02
Hi guys i have been away for quite a while,, trying to sort myself out but obviously not done too well as panic and social phobia is setting in again for some reason. iI was put on prozac a few mths ago (20mg) a day and started to feel better but now even though i am still on meds life does not seem right again.. I am female in my forties and live in somerset would like to chat and get to know peeps who are similar to me..:hugs:

nomorepanic
11-03-11, 23:03
butterfly - can you do your own post for this as people may miss it under someone else's

butterfly1
11-03-11, 23:07
how do i do that???:)

nomorepanic
11-03-11, 23:20
Just start a new thread and copy that text above into it.