PDA

View Full Version : Blood test !!!!

ell1877
06-01-11, 09:19
I went to the doctors before Christmas and told my doctor all my fears( no I wasn't there all day) and she prescribed me citalopram and basically told me that I am fine and not to worry and wanted me to go back in the new year to keep an eye on me she got me to do a water sample that was ok n I had blood tests dine earlier this week she said cos I've not had any done for a while hmmm well me being me am worried silly now waiting for the results to come back convinced something will be wrong:( but do I ring up and ask for the results because if something isn't right I'm going to Be in a right mess arent I,or do I get an appt with the doc first I don't know what to do I just hope they come back ok x

Katie6
06-01-11, 10:35
I think that anyone with anxiety will have been through the dreaded oh my god what if, but your doctor was prob just running a routine set of blood tests just to make sure, your gp is pretty certain you have anxiety hence the prescription for anti-depressants.

Blood tests, are usually processed quite quickly now and downloading back to your gp in a matter of days, if there were something wrong your gp would have contacted you by now.

When i am waiting for blood tests, i always call and ask for them, and the receptionist is usually able to tell me the result if they are all ok, but not all doctors surgery's do this. Maybe give them a call and ask for the results so you can put your mind at rest

x

Zee
06-01-11, 14:23
I was just the same when my GP asked for full blood tests in the Spring. I hadnt had any done for 10 years before that. It really messed me up with worry..and they came back as excellent results. Im sure everything will be ok for you.